Syosset Senior High School is a top rated, public school located in Syosset, NY. It has 2,085 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 99% of students are at least proficient in math and 99% in reading.
Syosset Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+182 Students
- A171 Students
- A+157 Students
- A-157 Students
- A+146 Students
- A+104 Students
- A+94 Students
- A+92 Students
- A91 Students
- A89 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.31 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.31 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 57 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.46 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.48 responses
Schools like Syosset Senior High School
- A+Great Neck North High School
- Great Neck Public Schools, NY
- 85 reviews
- A+Paul D. Schreiber Senior High School
- Port Washington Union Free School District, NY
- 198 reviews
- A+Jericho Senior High School
- Jericho Union Free School District, NY
- 112 reviews
- A+Greenwich High School
- Greenwich School District, CT
- 374 reviews
Syosset Senior High School Reviews
Syosset High School is an incredible place to learn. The teachers are friendly, caring, and determined to help their students be the best they possibly can. Almost every teacher I have had is extremely approachable and easy to communicate with. The education is unmatched, but what goes unknown is our great principal. Dr. Durante is one of if not the best principal's in the nation. He cleaned up Syosset High School beautifully and welcomes students every morning at the front door of the school. He cares for every one of his students, and shows it with great enthusiasm every morning!
My time at Syosset High School flew before my eyes. Comparing when I walked into the school as an anxious and apprehensive 14 year old freshman to the mature, well-rounded and confident 18 year old I am today is truly mind-blowing. SHS has allowed to me truly find myself, connect with many peers, challenge myself in a strong academic environment and aid me to become the young adult that I am today. Although Syosset may not be perfect, I have been changed by SHS for the better and feel more than prepared for college and beyond.
I am proud to be a student of Syosset High School and I express this through every tour I give. SHS is not only diverse in its students and faculty but also in its curriculum. Whether you're painting ceiling tiles in AP art classes or learning to save lives in Lifeguarding, there are endless opportunities for each and every student. SHS's teachers are truly special too. They are always willing to help students in need; extra help is available every week and its open to any students regardless of their teacher. For math classes, the school set up an assist program where students can attend an extra help session during their lunch periods. SHS makes sure to offer whatever necessary to enhance their students' intellect and passion. It is a special school, one that I'm fortunate to be in.