Syosset Senior High School is a top rated, public school located in Syosset, NY. It has 2,085 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 99% of students are at least proficient in math and 99% in reading.
Syosset Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+210 Students
- A195 Students
- A+190 Students
- A-175 Students
- A+171 Students
- A+117 Students
- A+107 Students
- A+105 Students
- A103 Students
- A94 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.31 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.31 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 57 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.46 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.48 responses
Schools like Syosset Senior High School
- A+Great Neck North High School
- Great Neck Public Schools, NY
- 90 reviews
- A+Paul D. Schreiber Senior High School
- Port Washington Union Free School District, NY
- 204 reviews
- A+Jericho Senior High School
- Jericho Union Free School District, NY
- 117 reviews
- A+Greenwich High School
- Greenwich School District, CT
- 379 reviews
Syosset Senior High School Reviews
Syosset High School is where I spent all four years of my high school experience. Considering that it is a blue ribbon school of excellence, classes are quite vigorous. To remain competitive with one another, it is not uncommon to see students weigh themselves down with as many AP classes as possible, as I myself am taking 6 AP classes in my senior year. The teachers that I have had in my four years have been better than average. The majority of teachers who I have had truly aim to educate their students, and create connections with their students to ensure that they understand the material that is being taught. The school culture is below average. There is almost no school spirit, and 80% of the football game spectators are the students in the marching band who do not want to be there either. The school is also not very diverse. The majority of students are either Caucasian or of Asian descent, with less than 10 African American students in each grade.
Syosset High School is an incredible place to learn. The teachers are friendly, caring, and determined to help their students be the best they possibly can. Almost every teacher I have had is extremely approachable and easy to communicate with. The education is unmatched, but what goes unknown is our great principal. Dr. Durante is one of if not the best principal's in the nation. He cleaned up Syosset High School beautifully and welcomes students every morning at the front door of the school. He cares for every one of his students, and shows it with great enthusiasm every morning!
As a recent high school graduate, I can attest to how well Syosset High School prepared me for college. One thing that can be changed, however, is the competitive atmosphere. Most students at the high school are extremely obsessed about getting perfect SAT scores and perfect grades, and this atmosphere is very stressful. I think there needs to be an emphasis on more collaborative work and less perfection.