Syosset Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+112 Students
- A-111 Students
- A+106 Students
- A-83 Students
- A+81 Students
- A+73 Students
- A72 Students
- A+69 Students
- A+66 Students
- A64 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.27 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.27 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 49 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.31 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.42 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.44 responses
Syosset Senior High School Reviews
Review Syosset Senior High School
Syosset High School is an incredible place to learn. The teachers are friendly, caring, and determined to help their students be the best they possibly can. Almost every teacher I have had is extremely approachable and easy to communicate with. The education is unmatched, but what goes unknown is our great principal. Dr. Durante is one of if not the best principal's in the nation. He cleaned up Syosset High School beautifully and welcomes students every morning at the front door of the school. He cares for every one of his students, and shows it with great enthusiasm every morning!
The math department at Syosset High School is absolutely fantastic. They are collaborative, intelligent, and always willing to help. The math department is clearly very communicative and collaborative with each other, which creates a great community feeling. The science department has a few select excellent teachers, but it is very hit-or-miss. Some science teachers are extremely knowledgeable. Some science teachers are pretty good. Some science teachers... don't know half the material they are teaching. The english department is excellent. Some teachers are very challenging, but the hard work is well worth it. The social studies department is overall pretty good. The honors/ap social studies teachers are excellent, the regular class teachers are pretty average. Other specialty teachers at Syosset are overall very passionate. Overall, Syosset has many fantastic teachers, however also has many clueless teachers.
I, personally, have had a great experience at Syosset High School. There are classes, clubs, and other social activities that you can join that are truly fun and worthwhile. If you take advantage of the challenging academic opportunities and join a down-to-earth club or sport (disclaimer: only one or maybe two of the Syosset sports teams are down-to-earth), then you can have a truly incredible experience. This school has helped me grow both inside and outside of the classroom, and I certainly do not regret living in the Syosset area. I am very aware that I am very privileged as a Syosset student. That being said, there are things in this school that annoy me significantly. The bathrooms are disgusting, the parking and traffic flow is dysfunctional, the school spirit is nonexistent, and many significant problems that can be easily solved seem to go overlooked by administration. It seems that administration is always looking for the cheap way out. I know that as a public school, it is difficult to get financial aid and approval by the state. That being said, there are too many important issues that have been ignored.