Symmes Valley High School is a public school located in Willow Wood, OH. It has 188 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 45% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-51 Students
- C+35 Students
- A-34 Students
- A+31 Students
- C29 Students
- C-20 Students
- A15 Students
- B-13 Students
- A-13 Students
- A-10 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
Schools like Symmes Valley High School
- C+Boyd County High School
- Boyd County Public Schools, KY
- 92 reviews
- C+Ironton High School
- Ironton City School District, OH
- 45 reviews
- BRaceland-Worthington High School
- Raceland-Worthington Independent Schools, KY
- 54 reviews
- C+South Gallia High School
- Gallia County Local School District, OH
- 27 reviews
Symmes Valley High School Reviews
Symmes Valley is a great school to be at. Our school comes together in ways no one will believe. We come together with the Angel Tree project where around 15 students are chosen and anonymously, then chosen by a family. This family then gets a list of needs and wants of this child. After this, the family goes and buys what they feel necessary for this kid, and then wraps these gifts. Just before this child goes on Christmas break they receive their gifts. This is one way our school comes together. Our school also comes together by collecting things for families that have lost their homes or even a family member. At the annual fall festival, a girl from the jr. high had lost a family member. The facility members put a basket together to be auctioned off and the proceeds would go back to the family. At the auction that basket made the family an extra $900.00. This is how our school comes together and why Symmes Valley is such a great school to be at.
I loved my years spent at Symmes Valley High School. My teachers were not only there to help me inside the classroom, but outside as well. They understood that I was human and that we all have bad days and were there for me when I was struggling. From the first grade to the twelfth, the teachers at Symmes Valley were always there for me when I needed it the most.
Speeching as a student from symmes valley since kindergarten, Symmes valley is a wonderful place. You get treated as family, the teachers become more like family than teacher. You make friendships that will last. Symmes valley is a close school, which means drama but once you leave jr. high all of that drama leaves and almost everyone becomes great friends! Symmes valleys is one of only schools hat do a school function senior trip !! It is a big tradition and very fun! The dances at symmes valley are always great(especially prom).Out mascot is there Viking (viking pride valley wide) We have beta club(which is like the national honors society), student council, FCA, FCCLA, FFA, Spanish club, Journalism. We also have girls volleyball, basketball, and softball(which is coached by the coaches hall of fame honoree Jeff "Odie" Estep). We have boys football, basketball and baseball(which is coached by former professional baseball player Chad renfroe).