Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A minus
- Diversitygrade B+
- Teachersgrade A
- College Prepgrade A minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B+
- Health & Safetygrade A
- Administrationgrade A minus
- Sportsgrade B+
- Foodgrade A minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B+
Sylvania Southview High School is a highly rated, public school located in Sylvania, OH. It has 1,053 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 62% of students are at least proficient in math and 76% in reading.
Sylvania Southview High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B272 Students
- grade A+203 Students
- grade B153 Students
- grade A minus107 Students
- grade A minus98 Students
- grade A minus85 Students
- grade A+75 Students
- grade B49 Students
- grade A46 Students
- grade B minus42 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B+
- Good for Familiesgrade A+
- Housinggrade A minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 23 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 23 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 85 responses
- Football games19%
- NV/SV Spirit week18%
- Every 4 years, the band goes to Disney in Florida.11%
- Senior Day6%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 25 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 29 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$12,874 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 33 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 33 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 33 responses
Schools like Sylvania Southview High School
- grade ASylvania Northview High School
- Sylvania City School District, OH
- Rating 3.88 out of 5 287 reviews
- grade B+Maumee High School
- Maumee City School District, OH
- Rating 3.57 out of 5 129 reviews
- grade BClay High School
- Oregon City School District, OH
- Rating 3.71 out of 5 167 reviews
- grade BRossford High School
- Rossford Exempted Village School District, OH
- Rating 3.52 out of 5 90 reviews
Sylvania Southview High School Reviews
Rating 3.75 out of 5 186 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Throughout my 4 years of high school, Southview has treated me very well. I have made many great friendships and developed special bonds with my teachers that I will cherish forever. southview has been like a home to me. It makes me beyond happy to see how amazing it has become over the years. I absolutely love all the events we host such as the most popular Dance for a Chance. We raise money for a specific cause for 12 hours. There are 4 different teams and you each compete in many activities. The catch is you have to be standing the whole entire time! It is very tiring but it so rewarding to see how much money we raised at the end of the night. You also meet so many people too. There are many other events Southview has that just brings everyone closer together as a community and family. I will never take it for granted.
Like most schools, Sylvania has there teachers that truly care and understand you as a student. Excluding those, I believe Sylvania Southview is filled with people and staff who think they're better than everyone else. They claim were a family, but go on to pick favorites and act as if some departments aren't suffering while others are thriving. The school also sucks at keeping their students informed. There have been plenty times where I've missed things because the staff have failed to properly inform the students. It's hard to contact teachers and make time for one and one meetings to help, and some teachers plain out ignore their email. I also feel like we don't talk about college enough for me to know absolutely anything.
I loved most of my time at Southview. I made so many new friends and made connections with amazing, devoted teachers. I also was blessed to have such a diverse set of classes. I could choose between multiple types of each subject to fit my future and my preferences. Currently, I have teachers who are very understanding of the effects of the pandemic on students (and the effects of senioritis). I will forever cherish Southview and the memories I've made so far. I do wish that the district was a bit more organized regarding their COVID-19 response, but other than that I have always felt heard and welcomed at my school.