Sylvania Southview High School is a highly rated, public school located in Sylvania, OH. It has 1,084 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 75% of students are at least proficient in math and 81% in reading.
Sylvania Southview High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B208 Students
- A+150 Students
- B108 Students
- A-82 Students
- A76 Students
- A-62 Students
- A+54 Students
- B38 Students
- B-30 Students
- A+29 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 54 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.23 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.27 responses
Schools like Sylvania Southview High School
- ASylvania Northview High School
- Sylvania City School District, OH
- 252 reviews
- B+Maumee High School
- Maumee City School District, OH
- 115 reviews
- BClay High School
- Oregon City School District, OH
- 153 reviews
- BRossford High School
- Rossford Exempted Village School District, OH
- 86 reviews
Sylvania Southview High School Reviews
In my high school career, I have been a part of three high schools. When I moved to Sylvania I quickly realized that Sylvania School District would be very different than the rest. From the very first day I started at this new high school I quickly realized how diverse the student body and administration was. Instead of going to class with a majority of caucasian classmates, I became friends with classmates from all different backgrounds including african americans and arab refugees. This became one of my favorite things about Sylvania Southview High School. It helped me appreciate the diversity of others and prepare me for life outside of high school. A major let down when coming to this school district, however, was that I felt like they were not providing us students with the tools to be college and career ready. They only brought up our futures the last semester of junior year or the beginning of senior year, when it was too late.
The school board for Sylvania Schools is made up of a clique of people who grew up in the area and haven't matured past 8th grade. They get the levies they want by threatening to fire people and cut funding. The wealthy old white people don't care so much about the schools. Southview should be a much better school than it is. The only public school in the area that should be better is Ottawa Hills, but Southview has been lacking for no reason. It has enough funding overall, but wastes it on stupid stuff. They're millions in debt because they built a football stadium they didn't need. The art and music departments are underfunded. The administration gets paid a ridiculously high amount compared to the rest of the faculty. It's pure incompetence that hurts Southview. It has the potential, but the people in charge have ruined it. They change administration so often the students don't even know who the superintendent is anymore.
For being ready to graduate high school already, I'm glad the last four years I could be with Sylvania Southview! They offer double blocked, regular, honors, and AP classes so everyone can find the perfect speed for them in a particular subject. All the teachers are also willing to help. The career technology teachers are all advanced in their field, whether its visual communications design, engineering, or auto body. Resource wise, we have a full court gym, auxiliary gym, workout room, library, mac computers, Chromebooks, and more! Next, most activities we offer are student run with a teacher advisory. We have clubs from Tea club all the way to speech and debate which all prove excellence in some way. I always see parents helping out with multiple activities from homecoming and prom to open houses. I feel safe with all the parent help and knowing we have police on staff. Southview is a helpful community full of enjoyable learning and activities in a safe diverse environment.