Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Sylvania School is an above average, public school located in Sylvania, AL. It has 928 students in grades PK, K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 48% in reading.
Sylvania School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B55 Students
- B51 Students
- A-36 Students
- A35 Students
- A-32 Students
- A26 Students
- A-20 Students
- B-16 Students
- B-13 Students
- B13 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.4 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.4 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Sylvania School Reviews
Very untidy, there are rats. School food sucks. Teachers kinda mean barley help students in need. Barley any diversity at all. Allows people to bring political embates to school. Also allows racism and the aches participate in the degrading of self esteems of the students.
Small town, great classes. The classes are amazing and everyone has a chance to learn to the maximum that they are willing. Since, everyone knows everyone. As well as, the faculty are all very hardworking going beyond their job description.
I loved the caring and small hometown feel of the school. Over half of the faculty and staffer were Sylvania graduates themselves, and you can tell they have a genuine love for the school and students. I feel like I received a great quality education that has well prepared me for college.