Sycamore High School is a top rated, public school located in Cincinnati, OH. It has 1,632 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 73% of students are at least proficient in math and 92% in reading.
Sycamore High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A408 Students
- A+398 Students
- A-214 Students
- A-168 Students
- B+113 Students
- A82 Students
- A+75 Students
- A69 Students
- A-68 Students
- A+67 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.24 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.24 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.29 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.33 responses
Schools like Sycamore High School
- A+Wyoming High School
- Wyoming City Schools, OH
- 118 reviews
- A+William Mason High School
- Mason City School District, OH
- 745 reviews
- A+Indian Hill High School
- Indian Hill Exempted Village School District, OH
- 133 reviews
- AKings High School
- Kings Local School District, OH
- 155 reviews
Sycamore High School Reviews
Sycamore High School prides itself on its diversity, and rightfully so. Differences are celebrated and cultures embraced. For example, just two weeks ago, the Jewish student union shared dances and delicacies with the entire school, along with clothing and music. Sycamore offers an open atmosphere where all are appreciated and cherished. The school district is also known for the span of opportunities available to the students, and how there is a place for everyone. Outside of school activities range from yoga club to a buffet eating club! Sport events can always count on the Ave Cave (cheer section) to support all teams till the very end. The most special characteristic is the students and their attitude towards school. Sycamore school district is a place filled with determined and wise students who will change the future for the better. Some of the brightest minds pass through these halls.
Going to Sycamore High School was the best experience I have ever had. The teachers really take their time to cater towards each student so that no student is left behind. Sycamore offers various programs to help the process of high school run a lot smoother. My high school also has all the new and upcoming technology to aid us in our learning. With about 100 clubs at our school, you can find anything that fits your interests! And if not, you can create it! Sycamore is also introducing a new way of learning next year that strays from the typical school day schedule. Overall, Sycamore High School has the resources whether that be technology, the programs, or outstanding teachings that all come together in order to make Sycamore High School the best high school ever.
Sycamore was great. I am now a sophomore at Ohio State and didn't realize how special Sycamore was until I got to college. My peers struggled with their adjustments. I didn't. It was a smooth transition and I was ready to be a competitive student. However, I wish Sycamore had prioritized the arts more. There was an established and respected program, but being a student involved in the arts instead of athletics, the lack of prioritization was obvious. It created a bit of a divisive culture between the students and faculty. It's never possible to make everyone happy. Sycamore just could have made a bigger effort to make everyone's interests equal.