Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B minus
- Diversitygrade B minus
- Teachersgrade A minus
- College Prepgrade B minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B+
- Health & Safetygrade B+
- Administrationgrade A minus
- Sportsgrade B+
- Foodgrade B
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B
Swanton High School is an above average, public school located in Swanton, OH. It has 402 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Swanton High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B104 Students
- grade B88 Students
- grade A+49 Students
- grade A minus30 Students
- grade B minus29 Students
- grade B27 Students
- grade A minus24 Students
- grade A minus17 Students
- grade B minus16 Students
- grade C+14 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A minus
- Good for Familiesgrade A minus
- Housinggrade A minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 7 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 23 responses
- Football, basketball and baseball games.30%
- Homecoming week!26%
- School hosted marching band competition!!13%
- Soccer games9%
- Softball Games!9%
grade B minus
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$13,937 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 14 responses
Schools like Swanton High School
- grade B minusPike-Delta-York High School
- Pike-Delta-York Local School District, OH
- Rating 3.57 out of 5 42 reviews
- grade BOtsego High School
- Otsego Local School District, OH
- Rating 3.64 out of 5 108 reviews
- grade BRossford High School
- Rossford Exempted Village School District, OH
- Rating 3.52 out of 5 89 reviews
- grade B+Wauseon High School
- Wauseon Exempted Village School District, OH
- Rating 3.68 out of 5 80 reviews
Swanton High School Reviews
Rating 3.49 out of 5 83 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Swanton High School is a great school with many opportunities! We have a strong faculty that is there for each student no matter what time of day! Everyone is friendly to everyone and there are so many way to get involved. Not only sports, but with clubs and organizations that come to our school, we can connect with not only our school, but the community also. Within these groups and organizations, students learn valuable lessons about life for example, SEED is one of the group we have. It stand for students encouraging educated decisions and in this group, we talk about the importance of staying drug free and talking about problems within the world or community and trying to find ways to help or just to talk about certain situations and deciding what is the best way to handle them. Everyone pushes everyone to be the best they can be when it comes to excelling in the classroom and outside the classroom.
Swanton High School is a very small school. My graduating class is only 100 or so people. In some ways, that’s nice, because you can get one on one attention if you need it. The school is like going into your favorite cafe; everyone knows you and you know everyone. At the same time, Swanton has a small towns lack of diversity and close minded nature. It can’t do nearly as much as other schools in terms of clubs and sports, or offering opportunities for students. The food isn’t the greatest (though better than some that I’ve seen) and they don’t do a great job of college prepping. I’ve mostly had to do that on my own, though the help I’ve received has improved in the last two years of my HS experience. Regardless, both the faculty (some of the nicest and most wonderful I’ve ever met) and the students do their best to create a welcoming atmosphere. I’ve heard it said many times that the students at Swanton are very lucky, and in a lot of ways, I agree.
As somebody that moved to Swanton my freshmen year as an outcast, I was very scared to start over new. To my surprise, the people at Swanton High School were very approachable and friendly. I quickly made a lot of friends, and I fitted in quite well. This High School has provided me an amazing education, a nice working environment, and an overall great experience.