Swansboro High School is a public school located in Swansboro, NC. It has 1,121 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 40% of students are at least proficient in math and 53% in reading.
Swansboro High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+161 Students
- B+154 Students
- B+150 Students
- A+128 Students
- A-127 Students
- B+99 Students
- C+74 Students
- B-53 Students
- B51 Students
- C+41 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.18 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 53 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.36 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.39 responses
Swansboro High School Reviews
Swansboro High School is a pretty good high school. There is always some positives and negatives to any school you will attend. The administration has definitely gotten more involved with the students and staff which is outstanding. I like how there is now a 'club' called Pirate Pack, which is to try to help bring students to more athletics. Athletes work so hard and not many people go to their games but with this club it is bringing more awareness and school spirit. This has been the only high school I've attended, but I would say I've had a lot of fun and I've made many memories.
I have grown up in the Swansboro school system and I have had a wonderful experience throughout my 13 years of schooling. I would love to see more involvement in the sporting events. Being an athlete myself, our athletics program is one of the best in the county but our support is lacking. The academic side of the school is great as well. After getting a new principal, the school has really turned around and it is great to see and be a part of. Graduating from Swansboro will also be an honor because I will always feel welcome to go back and catch up with the wonderful teachers that I have gotten so close to. Without the education and experiences from Swansboro High School I would not have even considered going to college and I am grateful for the school itself.
Swansboro High School has a great faculty of teachers that connect to their students and help them progress through their four year high school experience. In my three year attendance at Swansboro I have had the opportunity to meet many teachers that have mentored me and guided me to the right paths for my future. While the faculty of teachers may be a notable group, the administration is far from exemplary. With an unorganized administration things do not perform as smoothly as they should, students and parents are often left confused and in a time crunch due to incorrect and/or late information. Swansboro does have a diverse group of students that have a wide range of interests that are able to get involved in many different athletics and clubs.