Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Swan Valley High School is an above average, public school located in Saginaw, MI. It has 550 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 5% of students are at least proficient in math and 5% in reading.
Swan Valley High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B183 Students
- B-142 Students
- B118 Students
- A111 Students
- B74 Students
- A+70 Students
- B+65 Students
- B+55 Students
- B-35 Students
- A35 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 47 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.18 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.18 responses
Schools like Swan Valley High School
- B-John Glenn High School
- Bangor Township Schools, MI
- 147 reviews
- BFreeland Middle/High School
- Freeland Community School District, MI
- 96 reviews
- B-Hemlock High School
- Hemlock Public School District, MI
- 86 reviews
- BBay City Western High School
- Bay City School District, MI
- 218 reviews
Swan Valley High School Reviews
I liked how the academics in my classes challenged me to do better and prepare me for college. I would love to see more diversity, as an African-American I go through things students and staff don’t go through and don’t feel connected to the people I see everyday. The counseled needs to be more interested in their job and help students with their problems. I believe mental health comes first more than school and the counselor didn’t help me at all with my situation which is still ongoing.
Rigorous school that will undoubtedly prepare you for the next level. The teachers are fantastic, the sports programs are top notch, and students always feel safe.
Swan Valley High School is a great school full of opportunities and encouragement. Our school puts forth a lot of activities to keep our students involved such as our Friday Night Lights on the football field, where we play a movie for the student body. Our school is engaged and dedicated to encourage each other and enjoy the days we have with our classmates. We also are a very well educated school and have put forth a lot of opportunity and learning developments. We have been associated with an IPad grants since i was a freshman. I have to say that the technology during school did have its disadvantages at first, such as distractions and cheating in class, but our school board has put a handle on the situations at hand quite well. The IPads have kept our students intact with the newest technology developments in the world and has found a way to encourage learning through a more efficient and creative process.