Swan Valley High School is an above average, public school located in Saginaw, MI. It has 605 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Swan Valley High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B106 Students
- B-86 Students
- B76 Students
- A71 Students
- A+46 Students
- B42 Students
- B+35 Students
- B+34 Students
- B-21 Students
- B19 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 47 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.18 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.18 responses
Schools like Swan Valley High School
- B-John Glenn High School
- Bangor Township Schools, MI
- 129 reviews
- BFreeland Middle/High School
- Freeland Community School District, MI
- 80 reviews
- BHemlock High School
- Hemlock Public School District, MI
- 79 reviews
- BBay City Western High School
- Bay City School District, MI
- 197 reviews
Swan Valley High School Reviews
Swan Valley High School is a great school full of opportunities and encouragement. Our school puts forth a lot of activities to keep our students involved such as our Friday Night Lights on the football field, where we play a movie for the student body. Our school is engaged and dedicated to encourage each other and enjoy the days we have with our classmates. We also are a very well educated school and have put forth a lot of opportunity and learning developments. We have been associated with an IPad grants since i was a freshman. I have to say that the technology during school did have its disadvantages at first, such as distractions and cheating in class, but our school board has put a handle on the situations at hand quite well. The IPads have kept our students intact with the newest technology developments in the world and has found a way to encourage learning through a more efficient and creative process.
I attended Swan Valley Schools my whole life. The teachers are great, the food is decent, and the atmosphere is friendly! The academics are very prestigious and prepare the students for their future endeavors, the athletics are phenomenal, and the teachers are wonderful!
I've been at Swan Valley for 4 years. I can honestly say that I wouldn't have wanted to graduate from any other school. The environment is very welcoming. When you first walk into those school doors, it feels like home. The teachers are very understanding of their students. They not only obtain educational relationship, but also a personal relationship. The teachers will try to help you in any way possible. The desire of Swan Valley High School staff and administrators is that you have the necessary tools to succeed, and have a successful life after high school. Swan Valley is nationally recognized school for its academics and athletics. It's a once in a lifetime school, and I encourage anyone and everyone to attend this school.