Sussex Technical High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A204 Students
- B-60 Students
- B-48 Students
- B+44 Students
- C41 Students
- A+40 Students
- A-32 Students
- C+32 Students
- A+31 Students
- A-29 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.41 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.41 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.44 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.66 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.66 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.66 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.74 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.74 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.74 responses
Sussex Technical High School Reviews
Review Sussex Technical High School
Before I attended Sussex Tech I came from a very poor school, I won't point any fingers but let me tell you... it was bad! My pervious school was very dangerous, run-down, low budget, poor education and all around sour community.Luckily I was accepted into Sussex Tech where I was expecting similar qualities since even though it was a different school, I'm still in Delaware. And we're not known for high reputation schools. But Sussex Tech was so incredibly different from my previous school, it was almost magical. The teachers don't stare you down. The kids look and are happy to be there. There are more options educationally and etc. Sussex Tech offers a larger and better technical class selection. And best of all, I was getting a significantly better education than beforehand! Before Sussex Tech, I hated going to school because I was scared and I knew that I wasn't getting the knowledge I desired. But now, I absolutely love going to school everyday!
Overall, Sussex Technical High School is a wonderful school that excels in academics and sports. Tech provides an outstanding opportunity for students to take charge in their lives with the availability to enroll in various college classes through a dual enrollment program. Also, students have the possibility to graduate with a certification in the trade of their choice. Sussex Tech is a diverse school because even though it is considered its own school district, kids from a wide selection of other school districts are accepted to attend and students of all skill levels. Each students needs are met as the students are able to select between basic and advanced classes and are aided with help when needed. The school offers "Tech Coaching" after school where kids can meet with teachers and have extra one-on-one time to practice an area they are struggling with.
Sussex Technical High School is a great institution to attend for all students located in the Sussex County area. The faculty is great, the academics are top notch, and the amount of school pride and culture is unbeatable. Tech feels more like a community than a school, everyone feels like a part of something bigger rather than simply feeling like a teacher's test subject. The only thing I wish to see change is how seriously the administration takes impending (and sometimes extreme) weather conditions. We have attended schools during days of intense snow, flooding, and slippery road conditions that are unsafe for everyone involved. Other than that, I absolutely love the school and totally recommend it to anyone who's interested in attending.