Sussex Academy is a highly rated, public, charter school located in Georgetown, DE. It has 692 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 87% of students are at least proficient in math and 96% in reading.
Sussex Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A70 Students
- A21 Students
- C+15 Students
- A+15 Students
- A14 Students
- A-12 Students
- A+12 Students
- B+9 Students
- B+9 Students
- A+9 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Sussex Academy
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Sussex Academy Reviews
Overall, my experience with Sussex Academy has been positive. There are very few cases of bullying and the teachers are very cooperative. Although, the school pushes students to take the IB diploma is hopes of receiving college credits. Some Sussex Academy graduates claim the diploma program is a waste of time and it is not worth doing. Although, the guidance counselor places the students in the IB diploma on a pedestal because they are offered scholarships others are not.
I am a senior at Sussex Academy. Ever since I entered the school, I found the academics to be the school's forte as the curriculum is very rigorous and courses are very well taught; therefore, students are well-prepared for college after graduation. However, I believe the school should focus on improving its diversity. Even though there is a significant amount of students who are considered minorities, the faculty is strictly white. By improving this, the school culture would improve too as the students would be more satisfied.
I am so thankful to have attended Sussex Academy. While it is a lot of work and dedication, I feel more than ready as a senior right now to attend college. The rigorous curriculum combined with the motivated teachers makes each day at SAAS one full of learning and collaboration. There have also been many advances to make SAAS feel more like a "traditional high school experience" and I can fully feel that this year. I am extremely proud of my school and know that it is only going to get better as the years go on.