Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Susitna Valley High School is an above average, public school located in Talkeetna, AK. It has 203 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Susitna Valley High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+32 Students
- B-27 Students
- B+12 Students
- B+9 Students
- A9 Students
- A-8 Students
- B+8 Students
- B6 Students
- A-5 Students
- B+5 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 11 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Susitna Valley High School Reviews
My daughter spent 3 joyous middle school years here. The administration was very supportive of her academic progress and was able to challenge her. I saw other students getting extra help and even an ESL faculty member. I applaud the restorative justice program, advanced classes for middle schoolers, and strong athletic sports programs. They also have otherafter school clubs / activities and the arts program has solid footing and I see the potential for even more celebrations of the arts at SVS. Lots of students participate in sports in all seasons. The school even provide after school transport-a major plus. This is a safe, fantastic, small rural school With a family feel - that has lots to offer.
Susitna Valley High School is a small school and the staff is amazing. The sport teams are small and the coaches are amazing. Students work hard and are engaging. I think student involvement could be more of a thing and this year I am working on student government to make it happen. Bullying ratio isn't a public awareness, it does happen but its mostly cyber crimes so the staff is usually unaware. There could be more classes for high school students, and I think especially a cooking class, as most students by senior year do not know how to cook. My favorite place in the school is the library. I help the librarian all the time. It is a really calming and peaceful environment, unfortunately since schools have gotten technology engaged students rarely come to check out books though.
Susitna Valley Highschool has been my life for the past four years. Graduating in the class of 2020 I am apart of the Senior class all over the country reflecting on their highschool experience. I realize I am truly lucky to have gone to this small rural school. Even when the budget was high Susitna Valley Highschool was still able to provide me with a great athletic program. And with funding towards education in Alaska being very low teacher I cared about were cut from the staff. The ones that were able to keep their job I was able to connect with and create a lifelong bond. Small class sizes allowed me to get one on one with the teacher and learn to the best of my abilities. I have learned so much from Susitna Valley Highschool and I am deeply humbled by my experiences there. The knowledge my school has gifted me will be with me for all my life. Susitna Valley Highschool has made me into the respectable man I am today and I am eternally grateful for my time here.