Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyC+
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Superior Junior-Senior High School is a public school located in Superior, AZ. It has 177 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 35 to 1. According to state test scores, 8% of students are at least proficient in math and 8% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A40 Students
- C+34 Students
- A34 Students
- B29 Students
- B20 Students
- A13 Students
- B-9 Students
- A+9 Students
- B+7 Students
- B6 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 11 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Superior Junior-Senior High School Reviews
Superior is a very tight school. We are exremely small, averaging 25 kids in each grade level. We are also somewhat in the middle of no where so we get the last pick of teachers, so some of them are not top notch.
Through the past few years, and with the help of a new superintendent, our school has bettered our security and monitoring systems. We now have random drug dog sweeps, random contraband sweeps, and many assemblies about drug and alcohol abuse. We also have discussed our locked door policy, fire drills, lockdowns, and other miscellaneous practices for safety precautions. Our security cameras are watched very closely and referred to when needed. All together, our school is growing and getting better. We are much safer today than we were a few years ago.
Our school is very unique. With only about 120 students enrolled in our high school, and about a 10 teachers, we are a very intimate school. We have grown up with each other in and outside of school, and our bonds are stronger than those of other, bigger schools. We all help each other out and protect each other when necessary. Pep assemblies, school activities and dances, and extra curricular-activities are all attended and participated in rather well. Most of the students encourage others to go as well. Our school is not huge, but it can definitely make an impact on kids.