Superior High School is an above average, public school located in Superior, WI. It has 1,281 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 33% of students are at least proficient in math and 37% in reading.
Superior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B142 Students
- B+101 Students
- A+100 Students
- B77 Students
- A+77 Students
- B-59 Students
- B+53 Students
- B35 Students
- B30 Students
- B27 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.19 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.23 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.24 responses
Schools like Superior High School
- A-Cloquet Senior High School
- Cloquet Public School District, MN
- 98 reviews
- BLincoln Secondary School
- Esko Public School District, MN
- 53 reviews
- BHermantown Senior High School
- Hermantown Public School District, MN
- 81 reviews
- A-East High School
- Duluth Public School District, MN
- 193 reviews
Superior High School Reviews
I very impressed but the number of Advanced Placement (AP) and College In The School (CITS) courses that were offered at SHS. I was able to enter college 1 whole semester ahead, helping me both with my college graduation requirments (taking less generals) and helping me register earlier (helping me get into the classes I wanted). The teachers here are great, never had a problem with any of them and still consider them friends! The environment at times could get a little crazy with fights breaking out on occasion but other than that it was fine. I was involved in a couple clubs and the band. Mr. Kasparek is an AMAZING band teacher (I like him better than my college band professor!) he always brought the best out in me and helped prepare me for college. I give credit to this high school for my current success in college!
I had an alright experience at Superior High School. I was lucky enough to have an amazing counselor. There were good teachers and bad teachers. There wasn't a lot of choices as far as classes go. There was a good variety of clubs to choose from. The food wasn't always edible. The arts program at our school is amazing, but it was always overshadowed by our sports teams, even though our teams weren't always that great.
The teachers at the school were, for the most part, absolutely great. However, certain administration hindered them from being able to teach the way they desired. I wished that administration listened to the students' inquiries instead of avoiding them, as if their opinion has no meaning.