Sunset High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-216 Students
- A177 Students
- B147 Students
- B-88 Students
- A+69 Students
- A-62 Students
- A+51 Students
- A+48 Students
- B+47 Students
- A+47 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.31 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.31 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 91 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.34 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.49 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.57 responses
Sunset High School Reviews
Review Sunset High School
I really love Sunset because of the people. The sense of community that flows through the halls of Sunset amazes me every day. It is so easy to make friends, find support, and you will always feel safe and at home. Staff members of Sunset are always there to help, whether it's with school work, life advice, or just building a friendly relationship. Go apollos!
They had lots of programs and advisers available for students to help them find colleges, guide them through the application process, explore majors, find internships, and sign ups to listen to guest speakers from different colleges. Having all the tools and help that I needed from them really helped me because before, I was lost and didn't know where to start. I would like to see change in diversity within the school because when I went there, I didn't feel like the diversification in the school was enough for everyone to feel like they belong.
There is a lot of support for extracurricular activities. I played on the JV2 soccer team, meaning that there are 3 different soccer teams to accommodate the school. That's about 70 players! Many other schools only have Varsity and maybe JV teams, however Sunset goes above and beyond.