Sunset High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-286 Students
- A240 Students
- B174 Students
- A+107 Students
- C+104 Students
- A-90 Students
- A+69 Students
- A+64 Students
- A61 Students
- A+56 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.31 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.31 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 91 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.34 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.49 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.57 responses
Sunset High School Reviews
Review Sunset High School
I really love Sunset because of the people. The sense of community that flows through the halls of Sunset amazes me every day. It is so easy to make friends, find support, and you will always feel safe and at home. Staff members of Sunset are always there to help, whether it's with school work, life advice, or just building a friendly relationship. Go apollos!
The overall experience was pretty generic and nothing to special. The classes were packed and there was very little attention to be given to the students. School events were boring and people always kept to themselves but that not the schools fault. Teachers were kind of strict and grading was a nightmare and there was very little opportunity to raise your grade if need be. Assignments were boring and offered very little work, not only that but the academics were few and only gave few chance for those who didn't want computer courses.
They had lots of programs and advisers available for students to help them find colleges, guide them through the application process, explore majors, find internships, and sign ups to listen to guest speakers from different colleges. Having all the tools and help that I needed from them really helped me because before, I was lost and didn't know where to start. I would like to see change in diversity within the school because when I went there, I didn't feel like the diversification in the school was enough for everyone to feel like they belong.