Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Sunray High School is an above average, public school located in Sunray, TX. It has 143 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 8 to 1. According to state test scores, 55% of students are at least proficient in math and 45% in reading.
Sunray High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B53 Students
- A-41 Students
- B28 Students
- A+24 Students
- A+21 Students
- A17 Students
- A14 Students
- B-10 Students
- B+9 Students
- B9 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.3 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 4 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Sunray High School Reviews
Sunray High School has given me a one on one education. They took their time to personally get to know me and my learning style. Outside of school, they encouraged me in all of my activities and pushed me to be the best in every situation. Sunray High School has made me into a smart, strong, and confident student. As I am approaching my last year as a student at Sunray High School I can proudly say after attending since Kindergarten I feel prepared and ready to enter life as an adult. They have shown me when adversity hits how to hit back. I know not only the school, but the entire community has the backs of all Sunray High students.
This school has its flaws just like every other school would. The administration has definitely changed things. The restroom facilities are a lot nicer now since my freshman year. The boys used to not have stalls and it would just be the toilet out in the open. I, as a student, think that we can get better teachers that actually care. We have a small hand full of teachers that actually care.
Sunray is a small town with big opportunities. It is small enough where everyone can get the equal amount of assistance. They offer many dual credit classes and opportunities to graduate with an associates degree.