Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A
- Diversitygrade A
- Teachersgrade A minus
- College Prepgrade A minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A minus
- Health & Safetygrade A
- Administrationgrade A minus
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade C+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B+
Sunnyvale High School is a highly rated, public school located in Sunnyvale, TX. It has 552 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Sunnyvale High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
No data available
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+135 Students
- grade A+125 Students
- grade A minus104 Students
- grade A minus94 Students
- grade B+76 Students
- grade B68 Students
- grade A67 Students
- grade A minus61 Students
- grade A+60 Students
- grade B+46 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B
- Good for Familiesgrade A+
- Housinggrade B+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 14 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 34 responses
- Seniors walk halls first and last day of school24%
- Dodgeball Tournament9%
- Pep rallies9%
- Spirit Week9%
- Football games(but I am with the band)6%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 19 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade A minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$10,862 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 17 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 17 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 17 responses
Schools like Sunnyvale High School
- grade AWylie East High School
- Wylie Independent School District (Wylie), TX
- Rating 3.83 out of 5 338 reviews
- grade A minusRockwall-Heath High School
- Rockwall Independent School District, TX
- Rating 4 out of 5 423 reviews
- grade A minusForney High School
- Forney Independent School District, TX
- Rating 3.73 out of 5 247 reviews
- grade APearce High School
- Richardson Independent School District, TX
- Rating 3.72 out of 5 354 reviews
Sunnyvale High School Reviews
Rating 3.76 out of 5 147 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Sunnyvale High School is a very well-run multicultural institute. I’ve enjoyed the people in the school and the learning experience. The reason I gave it four stars is because of its uncleanliness in restrooms and because of its sometimes annoying policy on ID’s. I can’t tell you how many time I’ve been late to a class because I was stopped in the hallway right outside my class and told to go get a temporary ID. Besides that, it’s an exceptional school and I’d highly recommend it to anyone interested!
Sunnyvale has good teachers that students can rely on. Our school is very focused on sports and often gives priority to athletes. Many clubs are neglected by the administration leaving students to provide their own resources. The clubs at Sunnyvale have very talented and brilliant students that have many achievements. Students in these clubs often go to state competition and nationals, but this year due to covid, BPA members had to drop their events because of lack of support from the school. Students were not allowed to fundraise for competitions this year and can only compete if they are willing to pay out of pocket.
The teachers here are very interactive and understanding. The atmosphere is very friendly. They have a good sports program and many engaging clubs. There is a good amount of racial diversity. Their fine arts programs is expanding and increasingly improving in quality. They do a good job with communicating between students, teachers, and parents. FFA was a organization that I got to be a part of and I thought that it was really fun. I was able to show rabbits and chickens in the livestock competitions and win prizes. The school offers many certifications in various fields in many extracurricular classes. During Covid, they have been doing a great job with their efforts with balancing both slowing down the spread of covid and still giving their students the education they need. Sunnyvale is a great high school with high standards.