Suncoast Community High School Reviews

Just the overall experience is amazing which includes diverity, academics, and college readiness. The school's academics are amazing. It includes many AP and IB classes that prepare the students for college. Also I am grateful for the opportunity to attend Suncoast thanks to the rigorous classes.
Suncoast offers a very cut and dry experience of high-level classes and difficult programs. The student body is very active and organized events very often, almost every two weeks. However, after speaking to many teachers and even the principal, what is really holding back Suncoast is the school's administration. Numbers unfulfilled promises, needlessly strict rules, and arbitrary policies have placed an artificial limit on this school's teachers. The treatment of IIT and IB as "failout" programs leads to many apathetic students stuck in classes they have no interest in sabotaging themselves so they don't have to continue electives they find disinteresting. The whole point of the school programs is to define a set of parameters for students to follow to maintain their precedence in the program, yet the administration either doesn't respect these limits or misuses them for arbitrary policies. Great school with great teachers, held back by the counselors and AP's.
Suncoast High School is notorious for their academic rigor within the IB program, dedicated to helping students succeed. Teachers and students alike have helped to prepare me for attending higher education. My IB Psychology. IB/AP English teachers, and my IB Theory of Knowledge teachers have all had a tremendous impact on my academic career and have inspired me to apply the knowledge I learned within their classes into my goals for future education, as I aspire to enroll in the University of Florida and study Psychology. I have been provided with the resources I needed that have helped develop my academic confidence. However, in all my admiration for select few teachers, I still foster a sense of disdain for the focus on student mental health by the staff (apart from select teachers). There is little to no support for student mental health; students are treated poorly, and in a highly competitive stressful academic environment, I believe there is room for this to change.
Start Your Review of Suncoast Community High School
Amazing school have excellent activities. 😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😄😄😃😃😃😃😄😄😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😄😄😄😁😁😁😄😄😁😄😃😄😁😃😃😁😄😃😀😀😄😁😃😃😄😁😄😁😁😃😃😁😁😃😀🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩😍😍😍😍😍😍😍🤩🤩😍😍😍😍🤩😍😍😍🤩🤩
It was an amazing experience at Suncoast Community High school. The teachers are incredible and offer tutoring and help outside of the classroom. There are study groups , clubs of all kinds and definitely a family atmosphere. It is a vigorous schedule, especially like being in the MSE - math, science and engineering program like I was in. In the end , my SAT scores put me in the top percentage of test takers with a score that high. I truly lived the High school dream!
I love Suncoast! It’s my home away from home. The Math, Science & Engineering Program is the best. I have learned so much from my teachers and have valued all my friendships along the way.
My overall experience at my school was and is very tough and stressful. I know that the workload that is given is done to prepare us for college and accell us but it is very hard and tiring on the mind.
I faced many challenges with the work load. It has been trikes where I feel they don’t listen to us and I feel out of place in that school. There is not much diversity or much difference between everyone. Going there has only made me get use to an heavy work load and I got use to having discipline. I don’t get much time to myself to do things I really like.
Suncoast is seen as a high standards school with its extensive programs and recommended teachers. The best part about this school is that it will push you to your limits to prove how smart you can be and show how to succeed.
It is an excellent and challenging school for many who want to achieve further education in learning. It is a great school to prep you for college!
Suncoast offers higher-level classes and sets up its students for success in college through rigorous class requirements and holds high expectations for all its students. All students will be offered a variety of Advanced Placement and AICE classes, and the school has an International Baccalaureate program.
This school is horrible for about 90% of students. The work load is unmanageable, the teachers do not care about the students, and the administration exploits how hard the students work on their own. A majority of teachers couldn't care less about the students and will not really help them in the long run. The only positive thing about this school is that because the students can only rely on themselves, they are all ready for college.
A very rigorous school that prepares you for college. They offer tons of AP classes and you can even do Dual Enrollment courses at Palm Beach State College. It is worth it in the end. The teachers are amazing and the diversity is very good.
Great teachers who know how to teach, dedicated staff, the pep-rallies were not the best but everything was overall enjoyable
If you are a hardworking student who enjoys a challenge, Suncoast is the place for you. Everyone takes at least 3 AP classes their sophomore year, and that number only increases as grade level does. There is nearly any AP class imaginable here and in all of my years I have not taken one single regular class; all of my classes have been either IB, AP, or Honors. The atmosphere is good but there is a lot of competition. However, if you work hard and are committed, I believe you can strive here.
I love Suncoast because even though it was tough it was over preparing me for college. I love all the teachers who have helped me grow as a student and the administration. I love the principal because she was equal and fair. I also love the band because it has taught me discipline and to be a better person in general. I have created memories with everyone at this school and I love it. I have created my own family here at Suncoast Community High School!!!
This prepared me for college thing is way overblown. Just because the school throws a bunch of work at you doesn't mean it prepares you for college. No Suncoast student actually develops productive college studying skills from the excessive workload, literally everyone at this school just procrastinates and finesses and that's a fact no one can deny. Very nice students but outside of the top 10%, the kids here aren't that smart, that's harsh but true.
Start Your Review of Suncoast Community High School
Excellent academic challenge, very diverse. However, not enough arts emphasis and teachers are sometimes unsympathetic to student challenges. Teaches and prepares well for college overall though!
Suncoast was a great experience as it was exactly what you expect High School to be and then some. It was diverse as there were all types of people coming together and sharing different experiences. But students would go out their way and tutor other kids if they were struggling in different subjects. It was a unforgettable experience for me. Everyday I would learn something new but not just from my teachers but other students which was amazing to me.
Academically, we are great. I love that there are so many resources provided for the students to be able to succeed. The teachers most of the thr time try to help students by going the extra mile. It is like a big family especially with our amazing principal Whetsel; she truly tries her hardest to unite us and wants the best for the students as well. I am going into my final year and honestly, this school has prepared me so much for college even former students claim college is less difficult due to the intenseness of work Suncoast gave.