Sun Prairie High School is a top rated, public school located in Sun Prairie, WI. It has 1,617 students in grades 10-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 51% of students are at least proficient in math and 56% in reading.
Sun Prairie High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+462 Students
- B+192 Students
- A+181 Students
- C+167 Students
- B+141 Students
- B+133 Students
- A-125 Students
- B120 Students
- B83 Students
- A-68 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.49 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.49 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.74 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.74 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.74 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.75 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.75 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.75 responses
Schools like Sun Prairie High School
- AMonona Grove High School
- Monona Grove School District, WI
- 115 reviews
- A+Memorial High School
- Madison Metropolitan School District, WI
- 278 reviews
- A-McFarland High School
- McFarland School District, WI
- 71 reviews
- A+Middleton High School
- Middleton-Cross Plains Area School District, WI
- 292 reviews
Sun Prairie High School Reviews
Being able to live in Sun Prairie my whole life, I was able to have a wonderful experience at Sun Prairie High School. This high school is filled with amazing teachers that genuinely cares about helping their students and creating a comfortable atmosphere. The high school constantly tries to create a diverse school by having cultural events, and clubs. They acknowledge problems that students have and desperately try to fix them. Everyone in this school encourages students to head to college or the work force after high school. The school strives to help students become successful; everyone has a different view of becoming successful. Students are able to become successful by having an extra hour to get help, wonderful resources and helpful adults. Overall, Sun Prairie High School is a wonderful place to grow and become successful!
Sun Prairie High School offers an unimaginable variety of electives, as well as extracurriculars. Everything SP does, they do 100%. Girls Varsity Cross Country has now won state TWO years in a row! One pretty cool elective is CNA ( Certified Nursing Assistant) which takes you through the process of becoming a nursing assistant. Once through this course, students are eligible to work at nursing homes part-time. SP also has an exceptional theatre program. The Performing Arts Center has professional grade stage lighting and sound equipment, complete with balcony seating. The teachers care about their jobs and are enthusiastic about the classes they teach, which creates a great learning environment.
My Experience at SPHS was pretty good. I definitely appreciate the classes that were provided and the over quality of the school itself. The faculty during my year was amazing! I definitely would recommend them to other schools. I think the only downfall was the respect students had towards the administrators and they also didn't take high school very seriously. One thing I would recommend that could make Sun Prairie High School better would be for faculty to be more stern about deadlines and tests/exams.