Sun Prairie High School is a highly rated, public school located in Sun Prairie, WI. It has 1,702 students in grades 10-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 53% of students are at least proficient in math and 56% in reading.
Sun Prairie High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+545 Students
- B255 Students
- A+227 Students
- C+197 Students
- B+166 Students
- A-158 Students
- B+155 Students
- B144 Students
- B100 Students
- B84 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.51 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.51 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.76 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.76 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.76 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.77 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.77 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.77 responses
Schools like Sun Prairie High School
- AMonona Grove High School
- Monona Grove School District, WI
- 127 reviews
- A+Memorial High School
- Madison Metropolitan School District, WI
- 287 reviews
- A-McFarland High School
- McFarland School District, WI
- 73 reviews
- A+Middleton High School
- Middleton-Cross Plains Area School District, WI
- 310 reviews
Sun Prairie High School Reviews
Being able to live in Sun Prairie my whole life, I was able to have a wonderful experience at Sun Prairie High School. This high school is filled with amazing teachers that genuinely cares about helping their students and creating a comfortable atmosphere. The high school constantly tries to create a diverse school by having cultural events, and clubs. They acknowledge problems that students have and desperately try to fix them. Everyone in this school encourages students to head to college or the work force after high school. The school strives to help students become successful; everyone has a different view of becoming successful. Students are able to become successful by having an extra hour to get help, wonderful resources and helpful adults. Overall, Sun Prairie High School is a wonderful place to grow and become successful!
Sun Prairie High School offers an unimaginable variety of electives, as well as extracurriculars. Everything SP does, they do 100%. Girls Varsity Cross Country has now won state TWO years in a row! One pretty cool elective is CNA ( Certified Nursing Assistant) which takes you through the process of becoming a nursing assistant. Once through this course, students are eligible to work at nursing homes part-time. SP also has an exceptional theatre program. The Performing Arts Center has professional grade stage lighting and sound equipment, complete with balcony seating. The teachers care about their jobs and are enthusiastic about the classes they teach, which creates a great learning environment.
Overall I have had a good experience at Sun Prairie. The sports teams are really good and get a lot of support financially and from the community and they were really fun to participate in. The academics are decent. Most of the teachers are kind and willing to help but as every other school but there defiantly are some teachers who aren't the best. There is a wide variety of classes to take, but not a whole lot of outside school opportunities. It is closed campus which I wish was no the case. There is not any work release or free periods. I get where the school district is coming from, when they just want to students to be in school, but sometimes it sucks that the students who really would make a good use of their free time, don't have that opportunity. Overall I have enjoyed my time here and am grateful to have grown up and gone through this school district and lived in this growing community.