Sun Prairie High School is an elite, public school located in Sun Prairie, WI. It has 1,542 students in grades 10-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 51% of students are at least proficient in math and 63% in reading.
Sun Prairie High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+380 Students
- C+132 Students
- B+132 Students
- A+129 Students
- B116 Students
- B+113 Students
- A-104 Students
- B98 Students
- B61 Students
- A60 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.43 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.43 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.48 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.68 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.68 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.68 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.69 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.69 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.69 responses
Schools like Sun Prairie High School
- AMonona Grove High School
- Monona Grove School District, WI
- 110 reviews
- A+Memorial High School
- Madison Metropolitan School District, WI
- 271 reviews
- AMcFarland High School
- McFarland School District, WI
- 70 reviews
- A+Middleton High School
- Middleton-Cross Plains Area School District, WI
- 286 reviews
Sun Prairie High School Reviews
Sun Prairie High School offers an unimaginable variety of electives, as well as extracurriculars. Everything SP does, they do 100%. Girls Varsity Cross Country has now won state TWO years in a row! One pretty cool elective is CNA ( Certified Nursing Assistant) which takes you through the process of becoming a nursing assistant. Once through this course, students are eligible to work at nursing homes part-time. SP also has an exceptional theatre program. The Performing Arts Center has professional grade stage lighting and sound equipment, complete with balcony seating. The teachers care about their jobs and are enthusiastic about the classes they teach, which creates a great learning environment.
The overall quality of teachers if great! There is a great variety of teachers at Sun Prairie High School, and they all care about their students and their education. The teachers styles of the teacher all vary to accommodate the learning styles of many students; we do class discussions, lectures, projects, group projects, and read books in order to understand our curriculum. Also, all the teachers have a lot of knowledge of the area they are teaching in as all of them graduated a four-year university with a proper degree. The teachers also have very easy communication hours, as they utilize their district emails and allow their students to converse with them via that format. Overall, the teaching staff at Sun Prairie High School is very satisfactory.
I like that the school has a lot of students, which allows for many opportunities. For one, this gives students the ability to really find their place since there are many different friend groups and personalities within the school walls. Another reason why having a lot of people is great is because it makes it very competitive. Not only in sports, but also in education and the arts. This pushes students to be the best versions of themselves. I would like the school to handle issues in a different way. It seems like there are struggles every once and a while but not real change.