Sumter Central High School is a public school located in York, AL. It has 520 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 5% of students are at least proficient in math and 12% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B106 Students
- C-77 Students
- A74 Students
- C-73 Students
- A-63 Students
- B53 Students
- B48 Students
- B-47 Students
- A39 Students
- A-38 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Sumter Central High School Reviews
I love the administration and teaching staff for seniors of 2019 and upcoming seniors of 2020 because they prepare you for life after high school, applying to colleges, preparing you for college, helps you apply for scholarship, preparing you for the ACT, and preparing you for the WorkKeys if your interested in the work force after high school. The administrators hold an after school program for not just for seniors and upcoming seniors, but for sophomores and freshman’s as well. The after school program prepares students for college readiness, workforce, and after-school tutoring for classes you are failing. I’ve achieved most of my goals with my administrators help such as getting accepted into colleges and being certified in Microsoft Office Word and Powerpoint, which is a good start for me.
I have had many different experiences at this school. This school has given me an outlook as to what college would be like. Sumter Central has a very broad range of academics. I like that our school is very open to all students, however our school lacks diversity. I do feel like there can be some changes within my school. I feel like my school should be more open to the students' opinions and more open for change. I also feel that my school should improve their athletic program. The students shouldn't have to pay for uniforms or to participate in a sport.
In my four years of attending Sumter Central High School, my overall experience has been pleasant. My study skills and college preparations have improved tremendously. I do believe that I have picked up on many skills that will assist me in being successful when attending a university.