Summit Senior High School is a top rated, public school located in Summit, NJ. It has 1,239 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 71% of students are at least proficient in math and 66% in reading.
Summit Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A115 Students
- A+107 Students
- A-87 Students
- A+86 Students
- A83 Students
- A+77 Students
- B75 Students
- A70 Students
- B-67 Students
- A+65 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 24 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.25 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.33 responses
Schools like Summit Senior High School
- A+Ridge High School
- Bernards Township School District, NJ
- 209 reviews
- A+Livingston Senior High School
- Livingston Board of Education School District, NJ
- 337 reviews
- A+Millburn Senior High School
- Millburn Township School District, NJ
- 175 reviews
- A+Bernards High School
- Somerset Hills Regional School District, NJ
- 183 reviews
Summit Senior High School Reviews
I very much enjoyed my time at Summit Senior High School. It's a place where you grow and learn to step outside your boundaries, whether you're ready or not. They push you to achieve your full potential, to strive for greatness in your future endeavors. The administration and staff do care a lot for their students, and always try to make the learning environment as comfortable as possible. They will push you, and the work load isn't light, but through all of that you will be able to obtain the skills if/when you decide to pursue a higher level of education. The classrooms are kept mostly clean, and the building is in very good shape. There's always renovations, whether it be inside of the building or outside on the field. I never felt anxious or nervous about coming into school every morning. The teachers leave it entirely up to you about getting work done. It basically teaches you to be responsible for yourself and not to procrastinate, which are VITAL tools for college.
School administration is slightly inadequate. Lunches and food offered general are pretty bad quality. I personally can recall a time when my friend found mold in his fruit that he was about to eat. Security guards eat in the bathroom hoping to catch students vaping, peek over closed doors in the bathrooms. Some bathrooms get locked because there is only 2 guards so school believes only 2 bathrooms should be open during lunch. Some teachers were very hard to work with and administration refuses to cooperate in changing the teacher even before the school year started, even though for some people they do.
Summit High School is among one of the best! The school offers great academics and opportunities to grow as an individual during ones four years. Compared to many public school Summit excels in all aspects including but not limited to academics, sports, college readiness and rigor in academics.