Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesA-
Summit Senior High School is a top rated, public school located in Summit, NJ. It has 1,169 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 70% of students are at least proficient in math and 75% in reading.
Summit Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A134 Students
- A+119 Students
- A+96 Students
- A-91 Students
- A+90 Students
- A88 Students
- B82 Students
- A73 Students
- B-72 Students
- A+71 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.21 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.21 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.26 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.34 responses
Schools like Summit Senior High School
- A+Ridge High School
- Bernards Township School District, NJ
- 225 reviews
- A+Livingston Senior High School
- Livingston Board of Education School District, NJ
- 352 reviews
- A+Millburn Senior High School
- Millburn Township School District, NJ
- 191 reviews
- A+Bernards High School
- Somerset Hills Regional School District, NJ
- 198 reviews
Summit Senior High School Reviews
Summit High school has done an amazing job preparing me with for my future. The education system has always pushed me to do my best and help prove to myself that I can always be greater. If you are willing to look for it you'll find that there are a lot of brilliant staff members that will support you in your journey. On top of the amazing resources that the school provides, it is very aware and caring of the students well being. For example, during the pandemic the administration as a whole have been very involved in the students mental health. They constantly send emails regarding contact information for people who can help, they take surveys in order to hear from the students and stay updated, they have also done a great job at not overloading the class schedules. Over all they have been an active part of our lives as we move through this change.
I very much enjoyed my time at Summit Senior High School. It's a place where you grow and learn to step outside your boundaries, whether you're ready or not. They push you to achieve your full potential, to strive for greatness in your future endeavors. The administration and staff do care a lot for their students, and always try to make the learning environment as comfortable as possible. They will push you, and the work load isn't light, but through all of that you will be able to obtain the skills if/when you decide to pursue a higher level of education. The classrooms are kept mostly clean, and the building is in very good shape. There's always renovations, whether it be inside of the building or outside on the field. I never felt anxious or nervous about coming into school every morning. The teachers leave it entirely up to you about getting work done. It basically teaches you to be responsible for yourself and not to procrastinate, which are VITAL tools for college.
School administration is slightly inadequate. Lunches and food offered general are pretty bad quality. I personally can recall a time when my friend found mold in his fruit that he was about to eat. Security guards eat in the bathroom hoping to catch students vaping, peek over closed doors in the bathrooms. Some bathrooms get locked because there is only 2 guards so school believes only 2 bathrooms should be open during lunch. Some teachers were very hard to work with and administration refuses to cooperate in changing the teacher even before the school year started, even though for some people they do.