Sulligent School is an above average, public school located in Sulligent, AL. It has 769 students in grades PK, K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 48% of students are at least proficient in math and 33% in reading.
Sulligent School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B42 Students
- A40 Students
- A-31 Students
- A30 Students
- B-29 Students
- A-28 Students
- B24 Students
- A-20 Students
- B20 Students
- B19 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
Cost is for the most complete schedule offered and may have changed for the current school year. For more information, please contact the school.
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Sulligent School Reviews
I love how hard the teachers work at Sulligent High School. They truly care about students’ education. Also, the administration has recently taken an interest in trying to increase school spirit and student involvement, which is great! I wish the school was better funded because I know we could do so much more for students if we had more resources. In addition, I wish there would be more open-minded attitudes at the school so people can be free to be whoever they want! Overall, I love this school so much but changes can always be made.
The culture at Sulligent High School is the best aspect the school has to offer. The way the students and faculty interact with each other on a personal, but yet respectful level, really sets the tone for a great learning enviroment. I also love the diverse options of after school clubs and sports to allow for kids to get involved in new, challenging experiences. One thing that i would like to see changed is the different types of after school programs. At Sulligent there is a lot offered, yet I do not think that there is a big diversity that every student likes. I believe with a bigger selection of programs comes more student involvement, which is always good.
Great teachers who lead and guide you on the road to success! The small town culture is amazing! It's no problem when everybody knows everybody! Being an African American I have to beat some of the odds. I am the smartest African American at my school, and it is trying sometimes when you're the only one like you that is trying to do your best!