Suffern Senior High School is a top rated, public school located in Suffern, NY. It has 1,451 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 97% in reading.
Suffern Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-171 Students
- A+136 Students
- A+128 Students
- A107 Students
- C101 Students
- A-94 Students
- A+92 Students
- A-88 Students
- B84 Students
- B81 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 62 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.42 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.46 responses
Schools like Suffern Senior High School
- ADobbs Ferry High School
- Dobbs Ferry Union Free School District, NY
- 125 reviews
- A+Ardsley High School
- Ardsley Union Free School District, NY
- 135 reviews
- A+Clarkstown North Senior High School
- Clarkstown Central School District, NY
- 152 reviews
- AHendrick Hudson High School
- Hendrick Hudson Central School District, NY
- 165 reviews
Suffern Senior High School Reviews
I loved Suffern High School! They prepared me for college and are the reason I am where I am today! The facility is great, students are amazing! The athletics program is amazing. The AVID program within Suffern High School is the best thing that students can be involved in and it truly helps the students be the best they can be.
I love going to Suffern High School. It's been an amazing 4 years. I've made amazing friends. The people I have met and the connections I've made. You will always find someone that you can connect with. It's been a great experience. The teachers here are very helping and kind. There are many things to do here. You can join clubs, extra curricular activities, sports and many other opportunities that Suffern high has to offer. I would honestly not switch to another school even if I got the opportunity because I really do love this place. The community is very welcoming and you would not ever feel judged going here.
I had a really great time at Suffern High School. They offer a lot of different courses in a variety of subjects and topics, which made it easy to find an elective that was interesting. Many of the teachers are knowledgeable and fair, and always pushed me to try my hardest. There is always opportunities to challenge yourself at Suffern High School, through college level courses or AP classes. One unique thing about SHS is that everyone eats lunch together, at the same time. This creates a welcoming environment as well as a sense of community. Someone will always help you find a class if you are lost, and are just overall nice people. In my 4 years there, I never felt that I was unsafe or in a dangerous place.