Suffern Senior High School is an elite, public school located in Suffern, NY. It has 1,497 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 99% of students are at least proficient in math and 98% in reading.
Suffern Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-118 Students
- A+106 Students
- A+100 Students
- A74 Students
- C+68 Students
- A-66 Students
- A-65 Students
- A+63 Students
- B+63 Students
- A+62 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.19 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 61 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.26 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.41 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.45 responses
Schools like Suffern Senior High School
- ADobbs Ferry High School
- Dobbs Ferry Union Free School District, NY
- 116 reviews
- A+Ardsley High School
- Ardsley Union Free School District, NY
- 120 reviews
- A+Clarkstown North Senior High School
- Clarkstown Central School District, NY
- 121 reviews
- AHendrick Hudson High School
- Hendrick Hudson Central School District, NY
- 149 reviews
Suffern Senior High School Reviews
What I loved about Suffern High School that we have our own culture. We have so many different qualities that many schools don't have, and would never understand. Things like unit lunch; where all grades eat together throughout the school. Or our rotating schedule; where we only have each class 4 times a week instead of 5. We have so much great technology at Suffern, from our brand new smart boards, to the teachers all having their own iPad's. We are constantly upgrading everything to kept up with all the students. Even though sometimes the teachers can't keep up with how to use the smart-boards, students will always be there to help. From the mini-theaters, to our small Greek theater in front, Suffern is a great place and i'm lucky to have gotten an education here.
My experience throughout high school in Suffern High School was very good, mainly because of the people who I met throughout my years there and the faculty. I joined the Cross Country team my freshman year and since then I have been able to connect with other faculty members about sports, making our relationships stronger and easier for me to be able to go to them for help no matter what the subject was. I also met my best friends through the amazing sports in Suffern, and that the overall atmosphere of the athletics at Suffern is amazing because everyone wants to see all of the teams succeed.
Overall, Suffern High is great when it comes to safety and education but could work on their music programs (in terms of funding) and college readiness. AVID is a great course for college but if you aren't accepted to it then you're basically alone when it comes to the process of finding and getting into select schools. This is a very good because of the faculty and diversity. Although there are other things that are average Suffern high is rated very well in atmosphere and education.