Suffern Senior High School
- Suffern, NY
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A
- Diversitygrade A minus
- Teachersgrade A
- College Prepgrade A
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A
- Health & Safetygrade B+
- Administrationgrade B+
- Sportsgrade B+
- Foodgrade B+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade A minus
Suffern Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in Suffern, NY. It has 1,451 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 96% of students are at least proficient in math and 98% in reading.
Suffern Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A minus203 Students
- grade A+169 Students
- grade A+145 Students
- grade C+123 Students
- grade A+120 Students
- grade A118 Students
- grade A minus108 Students
- grade A minus103 Students
- grade B100 Students
- grade B+95 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade C
- Good for Familiesgrade A+
- Housinggrade B minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 21 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 21 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 63 responses
- Spirit week40%
- Spirit Week is a week long of crazy shenanigans!16%
- All the sports games are fun to go to13%
- Hockey Games6%
- Pep rallies2%
- Science trip to Six Flags2%
grade A minus
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 28 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 43 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 43 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 43 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$30,328 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 47 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 47 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 47 responses
Schools like Suffern Senior High School
- grade ADobbs Ferry High School
- Dobbs Ferry Union Free School District, NY
- Rating 3.67 out of 5 129 reviews
- grade A+Ardsley High School
- Ardsley Union Free School District, NY
- Rating 3.76 out of 5 139 reviews
- grade A+Clarkstown North Senior High School
- Clarkstown Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.81 out of 5 160 reviews
- grade AHendrick Hudson High School
- Hendrick Hudson Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.63 out of 5 173 reviews
Suffern Senior High School Reviews
Rating 3.98 out of 5 279 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I enjoyed high school at Suffern High School! They have trained me for college, which is why I am where I am now! The facility is awesome, and the students are awesome! The athletic department is incredible. Within Suffern High School, the AVID program is the best thing in which students can be active and it also allow the child be the best they could be.The students and workers are very open and tolerant. In activities and clubs, learners are often included. All are sweet and polite but there is no one left out.
An excellent school that goes above and beyond in providing a great education for its students. Countless classes, activities, and extracurriculars for students with all different types of interests. Great teachers who care about their job and ensuring that their students truly learn!
Overall the school is really strong and provides great support for students. The teachers are always willing to help but with some teachers there is a strong sense of bias based on family reputation. The opportunities in the school to get involved are many, particularly in clubs and extracurricular classes. Personally with the guidance office I have had a very good experience they are good at guiding students through the college application experience and high school. As for the other administrative staff they are cold and unapproachable. I feel that the honors programs and college courses are unique. I take a class with Cambridge University and I think the class is unlike the other english classes and offers a unique perspective of high school english which cannot be found everywhere. It's these classes geared toward you that makes Suffern a strong school.