Sturgis Charter Public School is a top rated, public, charter school located in Hyannis, MA. It has 804 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 9 to 1. According to state test scores, 94% of students are at least proficient in math and 99% in reading.
Sturgis Charter Public School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A201 Students
- A+100 Students
- A+81 Students
- B81 Students
- A-76 Students
- A+68 Students
- B66 Students
- A-60 Students
- A+58 Students
- A+54 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 76 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.30 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.32 responses
Schools like Sturgis Charter Public School
- B+Barnstable High School
- Barnstable Public Schools, MA
- 155 reviews
- A-Falmouth High School
- Falmouth Public Schools, MA
- 137 reviews
- BMashpee High School
- Mashpee Public Schools, MA
- 101 reviews
- BSandwich High School
- Sandwich Public Schools, MA
- 120 reviews
Sturgis Charter Public School Reviews
I attend the West campus, but the two campuses are very different. West is on West Main Street, so you don't have to cross any roads to get to your classes. Sturgis has an open-campus lunch policy, which means you are free to leave the school for lunch. The IB program is extremely advantageous, and accurately prepares students for their college experience. Colleges look more favorably upon IB students, and our unweighted GPA's give us an edge over other students applying to college. Because of Sturgis's fame and IB program, NYU offers two students spots on the Abu Dhabi campus in the United Arab Emirates. Each teacher has had experience in other subjects, and offers extra help at least twice a week. The West campus performs better in sports, (although we don't have football), and other joint theatre program has won multiple awards. I am involved in quite a few activities, and there is a place for every single student.
Sturgis is a great high school! It offers a great balance of strong academics, and respectful environment. There are many sports and clubs that are offered that offer something for everyone.
Sturgis is definitely what you make of it! It is an excellent school in many aspects that gives you all the tools needed to succeed in college in beyond, but you need to be the one willing to utilize those tools and put in the work to get yourself there. It can be hard sometimes, but that is to be expected when participating in the IB program, and I believe it is worth it in the end!