Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Sturgis Charter Public School is a highly rated, public, charter school located in Hyannis, MA. It has 836 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 98% of students are at least proficient in math and 99% in reading.
Sturgis Charter Public School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A229 Students
- A+116 Students
- A+94 Students
- B94 Students
- A-86 Students
- A+77 Students
- B72 Students
- B+70 Students
- A+66 Students
- A+65 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.19 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 89 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.34 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.36 responses
Schools like Sturgis Charter Public School
- B+Barnstable High School
- Barnstable Public Schools, MA
- 166 reviews
- A-Falmouth High School
- Falmouth Public Schools, MA
- 142 reviews
- BMashpee High School
- Mashpee Public Schools, MA
- 108 reviews
- BSandwich High School
- Sandwich Public Schools, MA
- 131 reviews
Sturgis Charter Public School Reviews
I go to East, and this school has been amazing! As much as people complain about the International Baccalaureate, the fact that everyone can take it is incredible. I have loved pretty much all of my teachers, and they're always willing to spend time to help you out.
Sturgis is a great school for a cornucopia of reasons! Whether its from the open-hearted community, to the down to earth teachers, Sturgis has been amazing to me and I can't imagine what high school would have been like if I attended somewhere else.
I attend the West campus, but the two campuses are very different. West is on West Main Street, so you don't have to cross any roads to get to your classes. Sturgis has an open-campus lunch policy, which means you are free to leave the school for lunch. The IB program is extremely advantageous, and accurately prepares students for their college experience. Colleges look more favorably upon IB students, and our unweighted GPA's give us an edge over other students applying to college. Because of Sturgis's fame and IB program, NYU offers two students spots on the Abu Dhabi campus in the United Arab Emirates. Each teacher has had experience in other subjects, and offers extra help at least twice a week. The West campus performs better in sports, (although we don't have football), and other joint theatre program has won multiple awards. I am involved in quite a few activities, and there is a place for every single student.