Strive Prep - Smart Academy is a public, charter school located in Denver, CO. It has 473 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 17% in reading.
Strive Prep - Smart Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-74 Students
- A-62 Students
- A-54 Students
- A-53 Students
- B+49 Students
- B-48 Students
- A-44 Students
- C+41 Students
- B37 Students
- C28 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Strive Prep - Smart Academy
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Strive Prep - Smart Academy Reviews
Currently, I am a senior attending SMART Academy. Overall, my experience was pleasant because I was reminded daily about my responsibilities. I had constant support academically and personally. I was able to receive support from the staff, teachers, and students. Teachers are flexible when it comes to turning in work if there is a hinderance. I feel college ready based off all of the courses I have taken. I also feel socially ready, for SMART offered a variety of sports and organizations to join. I believe SMART did a decent job in preparing me for college, and expanded my growth mindset.
Strive Prep- SMART offers an incredible learning environment. Most students have been classmates since middle school, so the familiar faces in all of my classes help me feel more comfortable and creates a sense of family. The bond between students and teachers is also strong which motivates me to want to learn more because I know that my teachers want each and every student to succeed. The majority of the school's demographics is made up of students of color. We have to run an extra mile to get to college and fulfil our goals because all of the odds are against us which is way my school dedicates so much time and effort into helping us prepare for college. Strive Prep- SMART's sense of community, constant reminders that we can achieve anything we set our minds to, and academic challenge helps breaks down barriers and sets students on the path to success.
STRIVE Prep's main goal was to prepare students for college and the teachers really do a good job at accomplishing that. It's academics are above those of most schools in Colorado. I had an amazing time here, in this small school community where the administration and students know each other on a personal level.