Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Streator Township High School is a public school located in Streator, IL. It has 844 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 22% in reading.
Streator Township High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+53 Students
- B51 Students
- B-42 Students
- A-36 Students
- A+33 Students
- B32 Students
- B+25 Students
- B24 Students
- B23 Students
- B-21 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.3 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 7 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Streator Township High School Reviews
I've attended Streator Township throughout my high school carrer. It's an excellent public school that provides students with numerous educational opportunites, an abundance of extracurriculars, and access to some of the best knowledge in the area in the form of their teachers. I wouldn't change a minute of my experience here. STHS has prepared me for college and the rest of my life.
My experience at STHS was amazing! The teachers care about the students' education. The staff care about the students personally, and they push the students to succeed. I feel like my education from Streator Township High School will take me far in college and beyond!
Their competitive teacher salaries really do pull and maintain good quality teachers. Teacher turnover is low, which is so essential to building a strong school culture. The glaring shortcomings come in terms of support for college readiness and the range of extracurricular clubs, which can be tough for the few kids who want to get into more elite colleges. That being said, my holistic experience was very positive.