Overall Niche Grade
Strath Haven Middle School is a top rated, public school located in Wallingford, PA. It has 864 students in grades 6-8 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 55% of students are at least proficient in math and 84% in reading.
Strath Haven Middle School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Strath Haven Middle School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.3 responses
Schools like Strath Haven Middle School
- A+Garnet Valley Middle School
- Garnet Valley School District, PA
- 3 reviews
- ASprington Lake Middle School
- Rose Tree Media School District, PA
- 1 review
- AStetson Middle School
- West Chester Area School District, PA
- 2 reviews
- AHaverford Middle School
- School District of Haverford Township, PA
- 12 reviews
Strath Haven Middle School Reviews
I personally loved my time at SHMS. The school provides lots of opportunities for its students: the variety of extracurriculars there are second to none, the music program is strong, and participation in athletics is high. One thing I will say is that while the students there are not explicitly judgemental, cliques are very much a thing and it can be difficult to branch out to other friend groups once your ¨crowd¨ has been established. I'm not a student of color or of the LGBTQ community, and I was one of the generic music/athletics/serious-about-academics kid, but from what I understand from some of my friends, if you don't fit that description, attending SHMS can be tough. But overall, I loved my time there, and the environment, though predominantly white and upper-middle-class, is civic-minded and supportive.
Great overall school. Encouraging teachers and great education overall. The music program and extracurricular activities and excellent and a great addition to enhance your education.
This school is literally the best. The education is phenomenal with all the teachers making the subjects really come to life for the students. We offer so many activities that there will never be a dull moment. The majority of the student body are just genuinely good, whole hearted, and accepting people. If i had any choice on where to attend i would still stay at strath haven.