Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Stratford High School is an above average, public school located in Stratford, TX. It has 154 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 7 to 1. According to state test scores, 35% of students are at least proficient in math and 55% in reading.
Stratford High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B37 Students
- B33 Students
- A-21 Students
- A+18 Students
- C12 Students
- A+12 Students
- B9 Students
- A9 Students
- A9 Students
- A8 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 3 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Stratford High School Reviews
I enjoy going to school at Stratford High School because of the small class sizes and great teachers. Everyone knows everyone. The teachers are able to provide hands on teaching because of the small class sizes. You even know all of the staff members from janitors, cafeteria workers, and bus drivers. The town members are also wonderful supporters of the school events. The only thing that I do dislike about my school is the lack of athletic sport availability. I would like to see weight lifting, baseball, and wrestling added to our extracurricular activities.
I like my High School because it is in a small farming town, it offers great education services, and the classes are small. I enjoy the small classes because I believe it creates better learning experiences. The classes are more focused and you can easily receive one-on-one instruction from your teachers. In a small school you basically know everybody and their brother and sisters that you go to school with. The teachers are dedicated to your success inside and outside of school. I am involved in Band, Livestock Showing, and Livestock Judging. I also participate in FFA and we do numerous volunteer activities in our community. I am able to learn about animal science, horticulture, and mechanics. The downfall to a small school is the sport playing opportunities. Stratford offers football, basketball, track, and cross country. I would like to compete in wrestling, power-lifting, and baseball.
Stratford High School is a great school and I am very thankful for the opportunities I have been given to grow academically and as a person through the system. However, if it were up to me, I would change a number of things to better this high school . The teachers and administration seems careless and do not teach and care for the students as they should. The facilities are not the greatest, but they are now being updated and renewed. College readiness is something that needs to be focused on and pushed a lot more than it is. Another big thing that needs improvement would be the security of the school.