Stratford High School is a public school located in Stratford, CT. It has 947 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 30% of students are at least proficient in math and 63% in reading.
Stratford High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A167 Students
- B-130 Students
- B+91 Students
- B-91 Students
- B-77 Students
- B66 Students
- C+65 Students
- C+63 Students
- B-61 Students
- A-56 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.18 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.31 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.37 responses
Stratford High School Reviews
Stratford High School can either make or break you as a person. The teachers there drive you to find your passions and won’t spell things out for you. They will push you and they will challenge you to be the best version of yourself they know is achievable. Students there are typically your friends from elementary school and if you are new, you feel as though you have known these people your whole life too. It is a small-town school where you will know everybody. This could potentially finally be a bad thing however, that is determined on how you live your life. Overall, this is collectively great aspect. The reason I only gave this experience 4 stars is due to the fact that in my path at Stradtford High, I could’ve taken advantage of the academics more than I did to achieve more scholarship opportunities. Nevertheless, I would not trade in my high school experience because Stratford High School made me posses an abundance of great qualities that others may not have.
Overall, my experience at Stratford High School was not terrible; I have enjoyed these last 4 years to a reasonable degree. Of course, one cannot help but wonder if I could have potentially enjoyed high school better if I had went to a better school. Don't get me wrong, SHS did not personally fail me. However, it is known as being the worst school (between the 2 high schools) with the better people. The building is falling apart, but they are building a new one across the street (which I will never see). There are a couple gems of teachers, otherwise they are fine. Administration does a well enough job, minus trying to make walkouts not political. I found that the student activities were almost lacking- nothing that interested me terribly.
Stratford high is newly renovated, but the kids don't seem to care for maintaining the quality of the buildings. The acedemics is what you make of it at Stratford High, if you are a dedicated student you will prosper, if you do not put in the effort, well then you won't get much out of it. I wish the school had more funding for its electives and activities (clubs/sports).