Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Stowe Middle/High School is a highly rated, public school located in Stowe, VT. It has 428 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 78% in reading.
Stowe Middle/High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-108 Students
- A+43 Students
- A+36 Students
- A+33 Students
- A+28 Students
- B23 Students
- A+22 Students
- A22 Students
- A+20 Students
- A-20 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Stowe Middle/High School Reviews
The teacher to student ratio is impressive, with all of the teachers not only engaging you in the classroom but outside as well! The faculty is extremely supportive and it is easy to build a personal relationship with your teacher! The building is a bit outdated and the high school doesn't have walls for the classrooms but this further enhances the collaborative dynamic of the school.
Academically, the school is quite good, the teachers are all very friendly. However, the building is very old and many of the classrooms share a common library space between them, so it gets noisy at times.
The school is very good for Vermont standards. However, the school is so small and sometimes authority makes mistakes that would never fly at a bigger school. Like getting the school's website sniped and causing confusion among student's and parents for over a month, and ridiculous assignments and due dates that make absolutely no sense. Some teachers are great in both learning and motivation catagories, while some are probably the worst I've ever had in the six different schools I've gone too. LA and SS are very well taught for the most part, and Stowe's students excel in those catagories. But, the math is really lacking and compared to another subjects at the school, it's pathetic.