Stoughton High School is an above average, public school located in Stoughton, WI. It has 1,010 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 43% in reading.
Stoughton High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+170 Students
- B95 Students
- A+68 Students
- A-65 Students
- C+62 Students
- B+54 Students
- B+52 Students
- B41 Students
- B35 Students
- B34 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 18 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.18 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.22 responses
Schools like Stoughton High School
- A-Belleville High School
- Belleville School District, WI
- 92 reviews
- A-Cambridge High School
- Cambridge School District, WI
- 38 reviews
- B+Deerfield High School
- Deerfield Community School District, WI
- 34 reviews
- AOregon High School
- Oregon School District, WI
- 142 reviews
Stoughton High School Reviews
I came into Stoughton High School as a sophomore from another state and my previous high school proved to be far inferior in comparison with Stoughton High School in my experience. Many of the teachers and any other staff I encountered were kind and willing to help us with anything within their capabilities. Many of the teachers I had actively engaged with students during the class period rather than simply lecturing at us. Many were also open to suggestions from students regarding class work and the structure of the class period. Overall, I had a pleasant experience at Stoughton High School.
I liked my experience there, but I feel as though they didn't help me prepare for college as much as they could have. I recently was enrolled in MATC for their CNA program and doing that college course was way different than how we did high school. I expected differences of course, but it seemed as though I was just thrown in rather than guided into the college. I feel as though the school could better prepare us by formatting tests differently, having different methods of teaching and also having a better curriculum.
I like that Stoughton High School Student Senate offers RSVP (Raising Student Voice and Participation). It is a great program, and twice each year the senators visit classes and ask the student body what they would like to see changed. In the past, RSVP has contributed to our school numbering the parking spaces, remodeling the locker rooms, installing water bottle fillers, and adding two extra microwaves to our lunchroom.