Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyC+
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Stoughton High School is an above average, public school located in Stoughton, WI. It has 949 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 49% of students are at least proficient in math and 45% in reading.
Stoughton High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+184 Students
- B102 Students
- A75 Students
- A-74 Students
- C+68 Students
- B64 Students
- B56 Students
- B-45 Students
- B39 Students
- B37 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.19 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.23 responses
Schools like Stoughton High School
- A-Belleville High School
- Belleville School District, WI
- 95 reviews
- B+Cambridge High School
- Cambridge School District, WI
- 40 reviews
- C+Deerfield High School
- Deerfield Community School District, WI
- 36 reviews
- AOregon High School
- Oregon School District, WI
- 155 reviews
Stoughton High School Reviews
I have been very happy at Stoughton High School. As a child, I was always a bit different from the other kids. I just found it hard to fit in. At Stoughton, the teachers, the Students, the clubs and the classes gave me a place to fit in. I finally am able to be my authentic self without a fear of judgement. The teachers always challenge me to do my best, because they know what their students are capable of. They show kindness, but are not afraid to be firm when it is needed. Overall, I am very happy to call myself a Stoughton Viking!
Stoughton High School is a relatively well-kept school and it is very easy to navigate. Recent years have brought about many changes to the school, many of which are not well-liked. Upperclassmen had hour long lunches until the 2018-2019 school year, making it hard for students to socialize during their day. This change was brought about as a means of punishment for underclassmen skipping their assigned homeroom and it was ineffective in addressing the core issue. Stoughton is also known to play favorites, which greatly affects the athletics environment and can also translate into the classroom. The staff is generally nice but often the goal of the school is to have a high graduation rate, so no one is able to fail even if it means a teacher has to do the work for the problematic student.
I really liked the teachers at Stoughton High School. I could tell that they all cared about the students and loved their jobs, which made it more enjoyable to be at school and made me want to learn more. I also appreciate the amount of clubs we have at our schools, as well as how easy they were to start. SHS pushed for students to start their own club, and made it a priority to get everyone involved in a club or a sport, which I think is very important. I wish Stoughton would offer some kind of dual credit options, or other accelerated courses. Although they offer a good amount of Advanced Placement courses, I wish there were other options for accelerated education that others schools have that I didn't.