Stoughton High School is an above average, public school located in Stoughton, WI. It has 1,010 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 45% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Stoughton High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+153 Students
- B+79 Students
- A+61 Students
- A-60 Students
- C+55 Students
- B+51 Students
- B+47 Students
- B36 Students
- B30 Students
- B29 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 18 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.18 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.22 responses
Schools like Stoughton High School
- A-Belleville High School
- Belleville School District, WI
- 92 reviews
- B+Cambridge High School
- Cambridge School District, WI
- 38 reviews
- B-Deerfield High School
- Deerfield Community School District, WI
- 31 reviews
- AOregon High School
- Oregon School District, WI
- 137 reviews
Stoughton High School Reviews
I like that Stoughton High School Student Senate offers RSVP (Raising Student Voice and Participation). It is a great program, and twice each year the senators visit classes and ask the student body what they would like to see changed. In the past, RSVP has contributed to our school numbering the parking spaces, remodeling the locker rooms, installing water bottle fillers, and adding two extra microwaves to our lunchroom.
I Like my school a lot. I think all the teachers know what they are doing and we have a very high graduation rate but, the students tend to be very diverse with each other meaning that we kindof split up into the stereotypical "cool kids" and the "loser" groups, which isn't really the best. But overall the school itself and the environment is welcoming and decent.
As my experience as a student at Stoughton High School, this school lacks essential practices to prepare students for college. One particular policy that needs to change is the retake and late work rules. This policy needs revision because it gives underclassmen a false belief on how college is going to be. However the extracurricular activities such as sports and clubs help unify the student body. Individuals are also able to easily find like-minded groups to connect with. . Another positive about the school is the teachers. Typically the teachers are open to help during academic or after school hours. Therefore the students are able to seek help if needed