Stonington High School is a highly rated, public school located in Pawcatuck, CT. It has 686 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Stonington High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A121 Students
- A+59 Students
- B58 Students
- B46 Students
- A-42 Students
- A+39 Students
- B-31 Students
- A-30 Students
- B-28 Students
- A+25 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 29 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.22 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.24 responses
Schools like Stonington High School
- BWesterly High School
- Westerly Public Schools, RI
- 144 reviews
- B+Wheeler High School
- North Stonington School District, CT
- 49 reviews
- B+Ledyard High School
- Ledyard School District, CT
- 152 reviews
- A-Waterford High School
- Waterford School District, CT
- 139 reviews
Stonington High School Reviews
Stonington High School provides a comfortable environment to learn in and prepare for college or a career. The school offers several higher level courses such as Advanced Placement Chemistry, Physics, Biology, as well as UCONN level courses in English, Spanish, and US History. The school provides challenging courses to prepare you for a college education. In addition to academics, Stonington has numerous sports teams for Fall, Winter, and Spring. Overall, at Stonington High School, there is a good balance between academics and activities. One way the school can improve is to become more involved in local and national issues such as gun safety, environmental awareness, and the oppression of various groups. By getting more involved, students can become more confident with voicing their opinions, fighting for something they are passionate about, and aiming to improve the world.
Throughout my 4 years at Stonington High school, I loved alot of aspects about this school. The facility was very well kept and there were plenty of sports fields which was awesome for an athlete such as myself. However, coming from such a small town it was disheartening to see that administration would not punish or reprimand students who's parents had a large reputation in the town, or if they were well respected athletes within the school. There also could have been more variety in class types so that people could focus more on areas of interest instead of a bunch of gen-eds.
A small school with great academics but very strict admin. Location is great, teachers are wonderful if you do your work, classes are well-organized and I definitely was prepared for college with awesome guidance counselors but it tended to feel very dark and prison-like, as most high schools do.