Stoneham High School is an above average, public school located in Stoneham, MA. It has 676 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 87% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Stoneham High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A98 Students
- A-70 Students
- A+59 Students
- B+59 Students
- B56 Students
- C+54 Students
- B53 Students
- B47 Students
- B+41 Students
- A+39 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.15 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.16 responses
Stoneham High School Reviews
One of the things that I would like to see changed at Stoneham High School is a greater acknowledgement of the students' voices. Being able to understand the perspectives of the students could truly ameliorate so much at a multitude of schools, including Stoneham High School. Although, while there are things that I would change about Stoneham High School, there are also many things that I will never take for granted. At Stoneham High School, there are a myriad of wonderful, caring, and understanding teachers. In my four years at Stoneham High School, I have learned more about the world, and myself, than I have my entire life. Despite challenges, I am immensely grateful for my high school experience.
The academics are very good. I have had a lot of excellent teachers and the guidance counselors are very helpful. I've also made some great friends. However, the school is really old. Thankfully their building a new one, but the one we have right now is just sad. Some ceiling tiles are missing, most of the classrooms don't have any air conditioning, and the desks have really old chewed up pieces of gum stuck to the bottom of them.
There is so much spirit at the school through sports which is clearly the main focus of the school and funding. They could definitely pay more attention to the arts and music programs. Being apart of the Drama Club for all four years of high school I noticed how little the school pays attention to the club and we have little to no support and funding. We have to rely on donations from generous companies and by using our own money to get supplies. On the other hand the football team has basically an unlimited budget filled with new uniforms and equipment and huge events with large crowds. We get nothing and barely and support from the community when the shows come around for public viewing.