Stoneham High School
- Stoneham, MA
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B+
- Diversitygrade B minus
- Teachersgrade B
- College Prepgrade B+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B+
- Health & Safetygrade B+
- Administrationgrade B+
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade C
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C+
Stoneham High School is an above average, public school located in Stoneham, MA. It has 669 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 62% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Stoneham High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A114 Students
- grade B+80 Students
- grade B+72 Students
- grade B minus68 Students
- grade A+67 Students
- grade B61 Students
- grade C+60 Students
- grade B59 Students
- grade B+53 Students
- grade A+47 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
grade A minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade C
- Good for Familiesgrade A minus
- Housinggrade C+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 35 responses
- Senior Prom Promenade31%
- Carnival Ball11%
- Speech services9%
- Spirit Week9%
- Holiday partys6%
grade B minus
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 11 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$17,514 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 17 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 17 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 17 responses
Schools like Stoneham High School
- grade A minusSwampscott High School
- Swampscott Public Schools, MA
- Rating 3.66 out of 5 83 reviews
- grade B+Beverly High School
- Beverly Public Schools, MA
- Rating 3.93 out of 5 151 reviews
- grade A minusDanvers High School
- Danvers Public Schools, MA
- Rating 3.69 out of 5 88 reviews
- grade B+Dedham High School
- Dedham Public Schools, MA
- Rating 3.48 out of 5 154 reviews
Stoneham High School Reviews
Rating 3.77 out of 5 100 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
The academics, food, and faculty are great! But the school does have it's drawbacks. The school is super old. Thankfully, we are getting a new one built. But you can tell that they did not keep up with maintaining the school at all. There are ceiling tiles missing from the roof, the food is pretty repetitive, and the desks have so much gum under the desks. The worst part is in the beginning of the year because there is no air conditioning. As the year goes on it does get better but it's really hard to deal with.
I have made the strongest connections with both students and teachers at Stoneham High School, and I wholeheartedly believe that having kind and supportive people to reach out to, whether it's about academics or otherwise, is essential. At the beginning of my high school career, it was not the easiest transition, as I was still trying to find myself and my passions. As soon as I found my voice in the school, everything began to fall into place. I do, however, wish that the culture of our school was more inclusive, as there are fellow students that I have encountered who are not aware of just how important it is to include other students with diverse abilities. We need to try to erase the stigma around needing support and we must let EVERYONE participate meaningfully in the school community. Overall, I do feel that my education at Stoneham High has prepared me for my future endeavors and that I have made certain connections that will last a lifetime.
Stoneham High School is over all a good school. The building is terrible. It is easy to navigate but is falling apart and old; truly a piece of history in Stoneham. Even though the school isn't in the best shape, the teachers are awesome. Each one is kind to their students and are easy to get along with. Other staff members are great too. Classes are relatively easy and are mostly taught well. The school schedule is easy to follow and the classes (especially the electives) offered are nice. I wish there were more resources online for students to use.