Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Stockdale High School is an above average, public school located in Stockdale, TX. It has 230 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 7 to 1. According to state test scores, 65% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Stockdale High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+35 Students
- A+33 Students
- B25 Students
- B24 Students
- A+24 Students
- A-16 Students
- B15 Students
- B12 Students
- B-10 Students
- A10 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.4 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.4 responses
Schools like Stockdale High School
- B-Floresville High School
- Floresville Independent School District, TX
- 160 reviews
- B+Poth High School
- Poth Independent School District, TX
- 77 reviews
- BLa Vernia High School
- La Vernia Independent School District, TX
- 244 reviews
- B-Nixon-Smiley High School
- Nixon-Smiley Consolidated Independent School District, TX
- 11 reviews
Stockdale High School Reviews
The teachers are fantastic and go out of their way to prepare you for college. There is no AP classes offered at all, even though it says there are, there are none. There are pre-AP classes offered to underclassmen but that’s it. There really isn’t any hands on “college prep” unless it comes from the teachers. There is only one counselor and she is wonderful but overworked. By the time you get around to seeing her deadlines are too close or have passed. There aren’t many clubs, if you aren’t in sports or FFA there really is nothing for you to join. They offer no computer classes outside of the ones the state makes a school offer. They don’t offer a variety of electives, even for a small school they are lacking there.
Everyone at this school genuinely cares about your well being. The staff are kind and hardworking.They do offer courses for students to take to enter the work force when the graduate. However like all things in life their is always room to grow. The band hall needs repairs and preparations for college readiness needs a lot of work. Overall this school could use some help just like most schools. But it is still a good place to grow up.
Wonderful school with caring faculty. The science department is amazing and they inspired me to go into the sciences. The principal is strict but extremely supportive.