Stockbridge High School is a public, magnet school located in Stockbridge, MI. It has 581 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 38% of students are at least proficient in math and 50% in reading.
Stockbridge High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+56 Students
- C+54 Students
- B+39 Students
- B-37 Students
- B+34 Students
- B+34 Students
- A+31 Students
- B22 Students
- C-21 Students
- B-14 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Schools like Stockbridge High School
- BLeslie High School
- Leslie Public Schools, MI
- 110 reviews
- BMason High School
- Mason Public Schools (Ingham), MI
- 202 reviews
- C+Grass Lake High School
- Grass Lake Community Schools, MI
- 68 reviews
- B-Fowlerville High School
- Fowlerville Community Schools, MI
- 118 reviews
Stockbridge High School Reviews
I graduated from Stockbridge Highschool in 2014. I thought the education that I received prepared me for college perfectly. To begin with, I the classes are a hour and a half. This made the classes feel normal or even shorter. Also they had a "senior portfolio" due at the end of the semester that summed up your high school experience. They made it a big deal and made sure you took it seriously. In college I have one of these once every two classes I take. I feel incredibly prepared because of the Stockbridge curriculum. As many students disliked that Stockbridge did this, I am very happy they did this because I feel incredibly prepared for college.
Most, if not all, of the teachers here were always very kind, helpful, optimistic and approachable. If I needed help, I was not intimidated in asking for it. The most interesting and effective teacher, to me, was also even the Vice Principal and a college professor at the time I took one of their classes. The AP teachers also work you very hard, which was amazing, because I felt ready for college after graduation. Over all, I loved the teachers here. They were amazing, hard working people who pushed me to be the best I could be.
Stockbridge High School is a school of opportunity. It has the advantages of being at a small school, but with big school opportunities. My school has allowed me to excel in my leadership skills with having a successful leadership class, and offering me many leadership roles such as president of my class, founder/president of Stockbridge Students for Life, and Student Rep for our districts Marketing Committee.