Stillwater Middle/High School is a public school located in Stillwater, NY. It has 622 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 65% of students are at least proficient in math and 60% in reading.
Stillwater Middle/High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B16 Students
- B+16 Students
- B15 Students
- A-14 Students
- B14 Students
- A-13 Students
- A+13 Students
- C+13 Students
- A-12 Students
- C12 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Stillwater Middle/High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Schools like Stillwater Middle/High School
- CHoosic Valley Junior Senior High School
- Hoosic Valley Central School District, NY
- 31 reviews
- B-Hoosick Falls Junior/Senior High School
- Hoosick Falls Central School District, NY
- 41 reviews
- C-Mechanicville Junior/Senior High School
- Mechanicville City School District, NY
- 30 reviews
- BSchuylerville Junior/Senior High School
- Schuylerville Central School District, NY
- 68 reviews
Stillwater Middle/High School Reviews
Stillwater high school is a pretty great school full of some pretty great teachers. The music program here is amazing and has the most dedicated teacher in the entire school who deeply cares for each and every student she has. Stillwater also has awesome food that makes me want to buy almost every day. Even though I'm not very involved in sports, the coaches at Stillwater are dedicated and always push the teams to do their best. The drama club is amazing and makes me try harder and harder to perform my best every year.
Stillwater, being the small town that it is, lacks diversity that is necessary to create college-ready young adults. Other than that single flaw, the school is wonderful. The teachers are all very passionate about their jobs and truly care for their students, there is top-notch technology readily available any time of the day, there is a multitude of clubs that students are able to be involved in. Stillwater is a very close-knit community in which everybody knows everybody else, and it helps establish a friendly and approachable learning environment.
We were reluctant at first to enroll our son in such a small school but now as he readies to graduate as a senior it was the best decision we ever made. All the teachers know all the kids. And that is very important. My son loves his school and his classmates as well as his teachers some that have been over and beyond great as mentors that has molded the future for my son. Sports is great, coaches are awesome and super dedicated to the kids. My son has been accepted to several A+ colleges so as far as college readiness, I am not sure you can get much more ready - the only thing is.... is that he doesn't want to leave