Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Stillwater Area High School is a highly rated, public school located in Stillwater, MN. It has 2,785 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 23 to 1. According to state test scores, 59% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Stillwater Area High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A543 Students
- A+265 Students
- A209 Students
- B+198 Students
- A129 Students
- B109 Students
- B102 Students
- B+98 Students
- A97 Students
- A97 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.31 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.31 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 82 responses
- Coffeehouse - all proceeds go to a good cause23%
- Football games21%
- Homecoming game21%
- Pep Rally15%
- Applebee's after football10%
- Studying with peers for test.5%
- There are a wide variety of school events!2%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.54 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.58 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.58 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.58 responses
Schools like Stillwater Area High School
- A-Hudson High School
- Hudson School District, WI
- 268 reviews
- AMahtomedi Senior High School
- Mahtomedi Public School District, MN
- 191 reviews
- A-River Falls High School
- River Falls School District, WI
- 146 reviews
- A+East Ridge High School
- South Washington County School District, MN
- 380 reviews
Stillwater Area High School Reviews
While the school is relatively good in terms of access to AP and advanced classes, areas other than college prep are lacking. There is a very high focus on academic success without support structures to help students who aren't naturally talented and motivated. There is poor reporting and action around diversity and responding to bullying (especially when about race). There is poor access to academic support and counselors are clearly overworked and unavailable. Overall, while there are higher AP classes and such, there is extremely low support or accountability by the school for student success and wellbeing.
My children transferred mid year from another public school in the district due to poor leadership and bullying we wish we had found SAHS much sooner as the principal and team here are very nice,calm, caring and take care of things in a professional and timely manner. SAHS has a well deserved report card and reputation we are proud to be a part of this great school.Many opportunities good graduation rates. Although big, students get to know their teachers who are nice and supportive. A schools reputation and report card say alot along with matching reviews!
The teachers and staff at Stillwater are phenomenal, understanding, and kind. My experience at this high school has been greatly influenced by its staff, I have built strong relationships with all my teachers, and I enjoy speaking to them.. There are also numerous AP courses offered, along with honor classes. I am grateful to have theses courses available, as the courses challenge my skills and intellect. The school offers a Flex day every wednesday, where students have a free period. Students can choose to visit their friends, study, and can choose fun activities. To me Flex days are a wonderful gift, it is a time where I can seek out academic help, relax with my best friend, or participate in cultural unions. However, if I could change something about this school, I would add more resources for cultural students. There are culture unions, like Asian Student Union and Black Student Union, however, there is no Native American, Irish, Australian, Latino, and other unions.