Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Stewartville Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Stewartville, MN. It has 558 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 67% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Stewartville Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A61 Students
- B47 Students
- B-34 Students
- B31 Students
- B+26 Students
- B26 Students
- A25 Students
- A+24 Students
- A21 Students
- A-20 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 20 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.19 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.17 responses
Schools like Stewartville Senior High School
- BChatfield Secondary School
- Chatfield Public Schools, MN
- 35 reviews
- B+Dover-Eyota High School
- Dover-Eyota Public School District, MN
- 21 reviews
- A-Byron Senior High School
- Byron Public School District, MN
- 74 reviews
- C+Grand Meadow Senior High School
- Grand Meadow Public School District, MN
- 11 reviews
Stewartville Senior High School Reviews
Compared to other high schools, I believe Stewartville Senior High to be subpar. Very little effort is put into effectively preparing the students for college. A lack of college courses and post-secondary preparatory programs has made my college search increasingly difficult. Too much focus is put on sports and other extracurricular activities. Money is spent on new parking lots and new sports equipment. This is absolutely unnecessary. The most unfortunate part is that the teachers care immensely for every student, however they are lacking the power to constitute any real change. Education and preparedness for the future should be every schools top priority and at Stewartville High School, it simply is not.
I absolutely loved my experience at Stewartville High School! I moved to Stewartville when I was 10 years old, I was very scared to go to such a small school. Everyone has known each other for their entire lives. On the first day of school I realized that I fit right in. Everyone was so nice and accepting of the new kid. The teachers are all fantastic, and obviously enjoy teaching. The teachers in the district are there for you when you need anything whether it's about academics or life. The community in Stewartville is very lovely. The town comes together on many occasions, these occasions can be something as simple as a sporting event or a big as a holiday.
Honestly I didn't have a difficult high school experience. I enjoyed most of the teachers there, but obviously you find a few that are more difficult to deal with. The only thing that is a little bad is that there isn't much diversity and it is a smaller school.