Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Stewardson-Strasburg High School is a public school located in Strasburg, IL. It has 110 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 35% of students are at least proficient in math and 25% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B21 Students
- B17 Students
- B11 Students
- B+10 Students
- B-10 Students
- A+9 Students
- B5 Students
- B-4 Students
- B4 Students
- A-3 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 3 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Schools like Stewardson-Strasburg High School
- A-Teutopolis High School
- Teutopolis Community Unit School District No. 50, IL
- 61 reviews
- BNeoga Senior High School
- Neoga Community Unit School District No. 3, IL
- 34 reviews
- BEffingham High School
- Effingham Community Unit School District No. 40, IL
- 128 reviews
- B-Shelbyville High School
- Shelbyville Community Unit School District No. 4, IL
- 42 reviews
Stewardson-Strasburg High School Reviews
My high school is very small. It is good to have small classes, however there are not as much diversity in classes compared to a larger school. Also, basically there was only one instructor for each subject area. I felt I received excellent instruction in business and math. Science was sufficient, but the other core subjects were lacking. The atmosphere for the most part was good, as the administrators did a good job.
Stewardson-Strasburg High School is located in Shelby County. Going to a school as small as this one definitely has its benefits. Not only are able to be involved in anything you could possibly want to but also you get to form close relationships with your peers as well as faculty. It is easy to get ahead in a small school because there is not as much competition in sports or academics so success comes more easily. The relationships formed here are things that you won't experience in a big school. The people around you truly care for you and want to see you succeed. It is a great environment to grow up in.
For a small school, it is pretty great. There are not a variety of classes offered because of budget issues but MOST teachers try to provide the best education for their students. There are at least three teachers that will go behoove and beyond what they are required to do. They will spend time after school or even before school and help you if you are struggling. They try to make class fun and relate-able to things that are current.