Stevens High School is a highly rated, public school located in Rapid City, SD. It has 1,600 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 83% in reading.
Stevens High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+178 Students
- B142 Students
- B-130 Students
- A-119 Students
- A+93 Students
- A-85 Students
- A-58 Students
- A-57 Students
- B+56 Students
- B49 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.19 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 55 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.33 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.33 responses
Schools like Stevens High School
Stevens High School Reviews
I believe that the atmosphere and the people around Stevens High School are amazing. The administration is extremely friendly and majority of the teachers genuinely care about you and your life. Stevens offers a variety of classes to help you get ahead for college and become more advanced. The extra curricular activities are always so much fun, and everyone there always shows a lot of school spirit. It has been a very fun environment to spend my last 4 years in!
The staff are all wonderful people, and the teachers are excellent. The principal is nice and interacts with the students. The only thing I would say they should improve on is expanding their school and getting a fine arts wing. The security guards are awesome and helpful. Just an overall positive and happy atmosphere, I love it!
Stevens High School is a place where everywhere you turn you will find addiction. Drugs are a huge problem here and as a person who doesn't partake in these activities, I hate it. I do not think the staff has enough experience to recognize the telltale signs of someone who is drunk or high. I do love the teachers we have here. I think everywhere you go you can find a teacher who is there to help you. Our fine arts (Drama) teacher is phenomenal! He gets everyone excited about the possibilities of the fine art careers. The sports program is great, except if you're involved in softball. Being apart of a non sanctioned sports sucks. We have to shell out our own money for things other sports don't have to. We win more championships than most the sports that are sanctioned.