Stevens High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B104 Students
- B+96 Students
- B-88 Students
- A-82 Students
- A+54 Students
- A35 Students
- B30 Students
- A-29 Students
- A27 Students
- A24 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 51 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.22 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.31 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.31 responses
Schools like Stevens High School
Stevens High School Reviews
Review Stevens High School
The extracurricular activities at Stevens High School are great, but the level of attention that each club receives is not the same. The most popular after school activities include all the different types of sports that students participate in. A lot of students participate in sports, but Stevens High School gives the most attention to the sports programs over all the other programs. That just isn't right! Whenever there's a football game or a soccer game, announcements are made on the intercom so that students and teachers are aware of the event and can go and support the sports teams, but whenever there's a choir concert or an orchestra performance, no announcements are made on the intercom and people at the school are unaware of the event. At Stevens High School, if the football team gets 5th place at the state competition, everybody has to know, but if the choir gets three superior ratings at a large ensemble competition, nobody will know because the school doesn't recognize fine arts activities like it should. Overall, the extracurricular activities at Stevens High School are great, but the level of recognition for various activities needs to be equal.
Overall, the school is very accommodating of students' issues or problems, whatever they may be. The counselors are very nice and the staff and teachers are usually attentive and caring. The building is in good condition for the most part, and I'm glad that there are on-going renovations to both the facilities and the surrounding outdoor space. They have an admirable gifted program and are usually helping students to excel and do their best. One thing I would like to see change would be making it clearer as to what the steps to create a club are, as well as other ways of getting involved that are not necessarily go-to options. I'd also like to see more initiative to celebrate diversity, but part of that is based on the partial apathy of the student body. The biggest complaint I have is that of the students' attitudes toward certain topics and they ways in which they behave, but that cannot be directly controlled by the school, so that is why I gave the school a high rating.
Stevens needs a LOT of upgrades, but with what we have, we're doing really well. We just got a new science wing and I love it. Now all we need is a updated Fine Arts area, and a room for the Orchestra kids! I really do like Stevens, despite what everyone says. I'm gonna miss it when I graduate!