Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Sterling High School is a public school located in Sterling, OK. It has 104 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 15% of students are at least proficient in math and 35% in reading.
Sterling High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+43 Students
- B32 Students
- A25 Students
- A18 Students
- B16 Students
- B-12 Students
- B+10 Students
- C10 Students
- B8 Students
- B-5 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.3 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.3 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Sterling High School
Sterling High School Reviews
I was lucky to attend this high school during my "international exchange student" year. I came from another country and was chosen in this school as an exchange student. This is a very small school with the capacity of 400 student K12. Everyone s friendly to each other; since Sterling is a very small town in the rural area of Oklahoma so everyone happens to know each other by going to the same church, working at the same places or living in the common community or neighborhoods. One thing I was kind of disappointed about this school was the lunch meal given to students every day. Probably I came from a country from Asia so how I saw things here in Sterling were different from others. There are not so many races in school, the domain is the Native America and White. To be honest I was the only Asian in school at that time. In general, Sterling High School is where you can learn about the cultures of the Native American, meet nice people and become unique.
I think that Sterling is an excellent school if you're into sports. I was, so I was always happy but some of the kids who aren't might think different. Also, the administration forces no rules which leads to a lot of misunderstandings and problems.
I liked the small town atmosphere but don't like that teachers aren't held to a standard and many teachers don't prepare students for college.