Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
STEM School Highlands Ranch is a highly rated, public, charter school located in Highlands Ranch, CO. It has 1,875 students in grades K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 59% of students are at least proficient in math and 73% in reading.
STEM School Highlands Ranch Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-84 Students
- A+79 Students
- A-76 Students
- A-49 Students
- A-42 Students
- A+37 Students
- B-31 Students
- A+30 Students
- A+29 Students
- A+28 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 29 responses
- Pep rallies10%
- Coin Wars7%
- Crash Club7%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Schools like STEM School Highlands Ranch
- B+SkyView Academy
- Douglas County School District No. RE-1, CO
- PK, K-12
- 81 reviews
- A-Collegiate Academy of Colorado
- Jefferson County School District No. R-1, CO
- 62 reviews
- B-KIPP Denver Collegiate High School
- Denver Public Schools, CO
- 88 reviews
- BEarly College of Arvada
- Public School
- Arvada, CO
- 12 reviews
STEM School Highlands Ranch Reviews
This school is pretty good compared to others. While it lacks in size and certain activities/classes, the school has great teachers and excellent opportunities for the students. For example, kids are able to take college classes on campus or got to the college campus and take classes there. This is great for student who still want to say in Colorado. They are able to explore a college and for certain colleges only pay 1/3 of the student fees, since the school pays the other 2/3. If a student chooses to go to ACC, the school pays for all of those fees. My only complaint is that the school is quite small. However, the school tries to make up for this and go to a gym nearby or do activities outside. The students and teachers are wonderful and welcome you in!
The administration is easily the worst part of this school. They fire the good teachers and replace them with bad or inexperienced teachers who they are able to pay less in order to raise the administration's salary, school materials are severely limited because the school's budget is focused on unnecessary expenses, and the administration refuses to listen to students. Additionally, the high school is made up of two hallways, there is one gym for the elementary school, and the lunch room is hardly big enough for the students. Teachers and administration are incredibly hard on students and constantly push the "get A's or work at McDonald's" mentality, and often don't teach their students, preferring "independent" or "student-led" work. The only redeeming quality that this school has is its engineering labs and computer science labs, which are highly advanced. Go Spartans!
Transferring over for the beginning of junior year to STEM School Highlands Ranch was an unimaginable experience. They offer a program known as Concurrent Enrollment, where the fees and expenses of taking early community college courses are covered for high school students interested. I am currently participating in the program, and it has offered me so much free-time, academic success, and college experience, even at an early age. Just recently too, STEM forwarded me an email for an apprenticeship offer at Home Advisor as a Computer Technician, in which, I joined and have had an unbeatable experience. I am learning the business tactics, work experience, and social aspect for my future career as a current senior in high school with STEM's offerings. The school overall is amazing!