Steilacoom High School is an above average, public school located in Steilacoom, WA. It has 958 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 41% of students are at least proficient in math and 81% in reading.
Steilacoom High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+213 Students
- A143 Students
- B+105 Students
- A-99 Students
- B86 Students
- C+76 Students
- B-67 Students
- B+62 Students
- B+58 Students
- A-53 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.36 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.40 responses
Schools like Steilacoom High School
- B+North Thurston High School
- North Thurston Public Schools, WA
- 173 reviews
- BStadium High School
- Tacoma School District, WA
- 314 reviews
- A-Science & Math Institute
- Tacoma School District, WA
- 145 reviews
- BFranklin Pierce High School
- Franklin Pierce School District, WA
- 197 reviews
Steilacoom High School Reviews
My experience at Steilacoom High School has been good. While attending I never really got very involved in after school activities and clubs. With this being my last year at this school I decided that I was not going to let myself not participate this year. I am involved in ten clubs at my High School and I'd say this is what changed my overall High School experience. Each activity is different filled with people that enjoy the same things. I'm so glad I was able to meet everyone that I did because they each have a life-changing effect on me that I would never be able to have made those connections if I weren't involved in these extra curricular activities. If there were anything I could change I'd say probably the focus of activities. They always focus on the sports like football, basketball, track, tennis and soccer rather other things like band or choir. Though, with this year I've noticed that the focus isn't all on sports but is rather shifting focus towards the music programs.
Steilacoom High School is an amazing place for students looking to get involved in school and their community and if they are academically focused. The social culture here is mixed and diverse, the stereotypical factions and groups don't apply here as every group is somehow connected to another. Student-led leadership here is among the most popular and active aspects of the school. It's easy to see that the students and teachers here really have a passion for whatever extracurricular activity they are a part of. The school has maintained an up-to-date curriculum. In my four years, I have noticed an increasing technological focus of improvement as well as new textbooks for our classes. The cafeteria staff also have a surprisingly high regard for the quality and popularity of the food they serve. My only grievance is that the school's regulations and control over the students are like a vice grip, for reasons I feel aren't applicable to the types of students here at Steilacoom.
Steilacoom High School has been a very good experience for me so far. As a freshman entering the school district, I easily integrated into the high school thanks to joining sports and being connected by the student to student club. I've also had the chance to do running start at Pierce College my junior and senior year.