Steelville High School
- STEELVILLE, MO
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B minus
- Diversitygrade C
- Teachersgrade B
- College Prepgrade C
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C
- Health & Safetygrade B
- Administrationgrade C minus
- Sportsgrade C+
- Foodgrade C minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C
Steelville High School is a public school located in STEELVILLE, MO. It has 289 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 12% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Steelville High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
No data available
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B61 Students
- grade A minus30 Students
- grade C+28 Students
- grade A minus27 Students
- grade A23 Students
- grade A minus17 Students
- grade B16 Students
- grade A+16 Students
- grade B minus15 Students
- grade B+13 Students
Map is loading
View Homes Near Steelville High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A minus
- Good for Familiesgrade C+
- Housinggrade B minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 7 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 21 responses
- Club activities24%
- Pep assemblies24%
- Battle of the Classes14%
- Field Trips14%
- Slam Poetry/Improv Nights5%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 8 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$8,658 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 7 responses
Schools like Steelville High School
Steelville High School Reviews
Rating 3.43 out of 5 58 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
My high school experience has been wonderful. At SHS, we have amazing staff who care about each and every student. We are a very small school, so everyone knows each other’s names, and almost everyone is related! I have never had problems with bullying at this school, and I have always had so much support from all of my teachers. Upon entering High School, I had no clue what to expect. However, my expectations have been exceeded and I am well pleased with my school.
Your reputation at the school is not based on how respectful you are, how good your grades are, or any of that. It is solely based on your health, social status, athleticism, and wealth. As someone who suffers from different medical conditions, I feel as if I do not get the assistance I need here. The "no excuses" policy is ridiculous. Then to add on to that, diversity is horrendous. If you want to make a name for yourself here, you have to be straight, white and conservative. I cannot believe how disrespectful some of the students and faculty are. Yes, there are some good hearted people here, but they are very few and in between. The good things are that they do offer a select few college classes (College Algebra and College Literature are the two I can name off memory.) Sports are excellent here, if you can get into them. The people here that enjoy this school take great pride in the fact, which I can respect.
As a student at Steelville High School, I am often stressing about my chances of getting into a good university due to the lack of college prep resources. This school does not offer the AP or IB program classes that many colleges look for. However, the majority of teachers I have had truly care about giving their students the best education that they are able to provide given the circumstances. Our lack of diversity within the school is concerning, and one will often be faced with harsh criticism if you identify with the LGBTQ+ community and if you differ from the popular political stances.