Steamboat Springs High School is a highly rated, public school located in Steamboat Springs, CO. It has 711 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 43% of students are at least proficient in math and 51% in reading.
Steamboat Springs High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A79 Students
- A66 Students
- A45 Students
- B30 Students
- B-27 Students
- B-22 Students
- A-22 Students
- A-18 Students
- A+17 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 29 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
Steamboat Springs High School Reviews
I had a good experience at SSHS! I was challenged and feel prepared for college, and have made lifelong friends throughout my time here. Overall this has been very enjoyable!
The teachers are overall very helpful, caring, and knowledgeable! The main thing that teachers at SSHS need to work on is challenging and providing opportunities for advanced students. Lessons are catered to students that are behind, which prevents advanced students from reaching their potential.
My entire time at Steamboat Springs High School I have always felt that as a student I mattered. That my teachers were concerned with my well being and wanted the best for my future. Being in a predominantly white town and school district a large portion of english and history curriculum is spent making us aware on civil issues and historical and current racism to make us aware of problems that we do not face in our everyday life. There are a lot of opportunities to take classes as well as participate in internships which are specific interests to you due to a flexible class schedule. . I have never felt in danger at school, however there is a marijuana and vaping problem, but it is easy to avoid and does not get in the way of school if you avoid it. I would like to see a change in how the school deals with waste, we still use styrofoam trays and it is ridiculous.