Steamboat Springs High School
- STEAMBOAT SPRINGS, CO
grade A minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A minus
- Diversitygrade C+
- Teachersgrade A
- College Prepgrade A minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B
- Health & Safetygrade B+
- Administrationgrade C minus
- Sportsgrade A minus
- Foodgrade C+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C+
Steamboat Springs High School is a highly rated, public school located in STEAMBOAT SPRINGS, CO. It has 839 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Steamboat Springs High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A minus155 Students
- grade A minus154 Students
- grade A minus87 Students
- grade B+64 Students
- grade B minus53 Students
- grade A minus51 Students
- grade A44 Students
- grade B42 Students
- grade B minus40 Students
- grade A minus37 Students
View Homes Near Steamboat Springs High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
grade A minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade C minus
- Good for Familiesgrade A
- Housinggrade C+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 9 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 29 responses
- Homecoming Week makes the whole school spirited!24%
- Teacher Skits24%
- Homecoming/Snowcoming Week21%
- The senior run through at the end of the year21%
- Senior Camping10%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 8 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$12,094 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 15 responses
Steamboat Springs High School Reviews
Rating 4.04 out of 5 108 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
The quality of education was excellent, this showed primarily through the the variety of courses available to students at Steamboat Springs High School. The plethora of available sports, extracurricular activities, and clubs, insure that there is something for each student to get involved in, no matter their interests or passion. The staff however, truly make this a great school. I believe that teachers who genuinely care about a student's future is the key to a great education and SSHS definitely has them. I will always cherish the memories and friends that I made attending Steamboat Springs High School.
Steamboat Springs High School is so unique. Nearly everyone cares so much about their general well being, health, and professional success. This school definitely produced some high functioning, motivated and dedicated individuals; some have participated in every Winter Olympics since 2006. There can be some clicks that are very exclusive, but that’s every high school. The quality of the education was unmatchable- the size of the school allowed every kid to feel like they could get help if needed. The staff cares so much about their students, and their overall experience. I’m so grateful to have been able to grow up here and have such an amazing experience.
Steamboat Springs High School is a place with lots of clubs for students to explore. The academic opportunities are great, especially with a community college less than 15 blocks away. I wish teachers and administration would put more energy towards their correspondence with students. I have trouble getting teachers and administration to answer my emails at all. Meanwhile, they ask students to answer them with in 24 hours.