Steamboat Springs High School is a highly rated, public school located in Steamboat Springs, CO. It has 715 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Steamboat Springs High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A98 Students
- A-80 Students
- A53 Students
- B+36 Students
- B-35 Students
- A-25 Students
- A+24 Students
- B-24 Students
- A-22 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 29 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
Steamboat Springs High School Reviews
There are quite a few things I like about Steamboat Springs High School. One of them being that they focus greatly on the education of their students. As a result of them being so dedicated to providing the best teaching experience as possible, they are preparing their students for education after high school. As a graduate from the high school, I can say that because of the way I was taught, I was able to excel in my current classes in college. However, if I were to change one thing about the high school, it would have to be the parking lot. It is not big enough for everyone to use. Other than that, there isn't anything else I would change.
Personally I think that SSHS struggles with a lot of things regarding their teaching staff. My experience has been that a lot of teachers just really don't want to be there at all, and therefor it affects the overall performance of the students. I have also personally experienced the administration not encouraging kids to go further with their education such as dual enrollment and instead forcing them to remain in the easy high school courses.
Very unwelcoming at first, finding niche is a struggle. No honors push, limited but diverse AP classes. Fun sports! Lack of school spirit and school gear.