Steamboat Springs High School is a highly rated, public school located in Steamboat Springs, CO. It has 715 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Steamboat Springs High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A94 Students
- A-73 Students
- A48 Students
- B+33 Students
- B-32 Students
- B-24 Students
- A-23 Students
- A+22 Students
- A+19 Students
Living in the Area
- Crime & SafetyB
- Cost of LivingC-
- Good for FamiliesA
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 29 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
Steamboat Springs High School Reviews
Personally I think that SSHS struggles with a lot of things regarding their teaching staff. My experience has been that a lot of teachers just really don't want to be there at all, and therefor it affects the overall performance of the students. I have also personally experienced the administration not encouraging kids to go further with their education such as dual enrollment and instead forcing them to remain in the easy high school courses.
Very unwelcoming at first, finding niche is a struggle. No honors push, limited but diverse AP classes. Fun sports! Lack of school spirit and school gear.
I had a good experience at SSHS! I was challenged and feel prepared for college, and have made lifelong friends throughout my time here. Overall this has been very enjoyable!