Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyC-
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Staunton River High School is a public school located in Moneta, VA. It has 949 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 68% of students are at least proficient in math and 89% in reading.
Staunton River High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+85 Students
- A83 Students
- B+73 Students
- B70 Students
- C67 Students
- A+64 Students
- B+44 Students
- A+43 Students
- B+38 Students
- B38 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Staunton River High School Reviews
I was only there for my first two years of high school, due to me being in an early college program. However, I can say the staff and other students are extremely helpful when it comes to bring there for the new freshmen every year. One thing I think the school could improve on is the variety of classes. I do understand it can be hard to find teachers for specialized classes; however, I feel that it would help students choose a career path they are truly interested in rather than waiting until their senior year to decide.
They are a very transphobic, homophobic, racist, sexist school. They do not attempt to help students being bullied for being gay or trans. And they do not prepare students for college.
I love Staunton River! Everyone knew everyone in my class. We all got along and there was hardly ever any bullying. There are many different studies and you can always find something that interests you to study!