Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Staunton High School is an above average, public school located in Staunton, IL. It has 375 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 27% in reading.
Staunton High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B89 Students
- B41 Students
- B-38 Students
- A+34 Students
- B+29 Students
- C+21 Students
- B18 Students
- B18 Students
- A+15 Students
- B15 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.3 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 4 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Schools like Staunton High School
- B-Bunker Hill High School
- Bunker Hill Community Unit School District No. 8, IL
- 33 reviews
- BCivic Memorial High School
- Bethalto Community Unit School District No. 8, IL
- 66 reviews
- C+Litchfield Senior High School
- Litchfield Community Unit School District No. 12, IL
- 76 reviews
- BMt. Olive High School
- Mount Olive Community Unit School District No. 5, IL
- 29 reviews
Staunton High School Reviews
Excellent school! Enjoyed all my years in attendance at all levels. Teachers were always helpful and nice. A very small town feel where every one joins together for sporting events and when there is sorrow and happiness. The college preparing is at a high level. Staff is always helpful and nice. Not sure I would change a thing for elementary or high school. Enjoyed all the clubs I was in. I always feel safe. Our administration is always on top of things when it comes to the safety of staff and students. I always find our fans are involved in all sports. Our parents are always involved in sports boosters, band parents, post prom activities and fund raisers.
I have gone to Staunton Community Schools since kindergarten. I love Staunton School District and the people who make up this wonderful community. I have had the best education experience at my small-town school. The teachers go above and beyond to make sure every single one of their students is succeeding in all aspects of life, not just with school. They are always there to answer every question or help you with anything you may need. The students at Staunton School have also created an outstanding school experience. I have made life long friends, and all the students are willing to help each other with any type of task. There is always someone at Staunton School to lend a hand to someone in need.
It is a great school. The only bad thing is that there are not a lot of classes to choose from and some the kids are not so good. You can make a lot of new friends here most of the kids are nice! We do have an off-campus lunch, so you can go down to Casey's or go to Hardees. Another great thing is the teacher are super nice here! They help you with whatever you need help on. Some of them are a little sarcastic, but that's what makes it fun!