Staunton High School
- STAUNTON, IL
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B+
- Diversitygrade C+
- Teachersgrade A minus
- College Prepgrade B
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C+
- Health & Safetygrade B+
- Administrationgrade B
- Sportsgrade B
- Foodgrade B minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C minus
Staunton High School is an above average, public school located in STAUNTON, IL. It has 354 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 27% in reading.
Staunton High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B106 Students
- grade B47 Students
- grade A+41 Students
- grade B minus40 Students
- grade B33 Students
- grade A+23 Students
- grade B minus22 Students
- grade B minus21 Students
- grade B20 Students
- grade A minus18 Students
Map is loading
View Homes Near Staunton High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A minus
- Good for Familiesgrade B minus
- Housinggrade B
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 3 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 4 responses
- Homecoming Week75%
- The togetherness to show the spririt of the school25%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 3 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$9,535 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 11 responses
Schools like Staunton High School
- grade C+Bunker Hill High School
- Bunker Hill Community Unit School District No. 8, IL
- Rating 3.12 out of 5 34 reviews
- grade B minusCivic Memorial High School
- Bethalto Community Unit School District No. 8, IL
- Rating 3.7 out of 5 73 reviews
- grade C+Litchfield Senior High School
- Litchfield Community Unit School District No. 12, IL
- Rating 3.34 out of 5 79 reviews
- grade BMt. Olive High School
- Mount Olive Community Unit School District No. 5, IL
- Rating 3.41 out of 5 29 reviews
Staunton High School Reviews
Rating 3.51 out of 5 80 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Excellent school! Enjoyed all my years in attendance at all levels. Teachers were always helpful and nice. A very small town feel where every one joins together for sporting events and when there is sorrow and happiness. The college preparing is at a high level. Staff is always helpful and nice. Not sure I would change a thing for elementary or high school. Enjoyed all the clubs I was in. I always feel safe. Our administration is always on top of things when it comes to the safety of staff and students. I always find our fans are involved in all sports. Our parents are always involved in sports boosters, band parents, post prom activities and fund raisers.
I think that Staunton High School provides a good school experience for its size. There are around 400 students, making a much smaller school than average. This gives some boons to students, such as more individual attention from teachers, the ability to get to know their fellow students more, and more of a sense of solidarity. However, there are also drawbacks to this. Staunton does not offer near as many classes as others schools, for example, there are no AP classes at all. This can mean that school is not as challenging or rewarding as it should be. Overall, though, I get the feeling that my peers and teachers truly care about me and my education, and wish me the best.
As a student at Staunton High School, overall, I had a very good experience. Staunton is home to many great sports teams and fans that go along with them. My time spent at Staunton was memorable, exciting, educational, and most of all enjoyable. However, with all these positives, there are a couple of things I would change about Staunton. As a whole, the school is dated and old. The school could use updated sports equipment. All in all, my outlook on Staunton High would be rated a 4/5.