Statesville High School is a public school located in Statesville, NC. It has 973 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 16% of students are at least proficient in math and 33% in reading.
Statesville High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+106 Students
- A-90 Students
- A+68 Students
- B+61 Students
- A+57 Students
- B52 Students
- B-52 Students
- B48 Students
- B-42 Students
- B41 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.15 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.19 responses
Statesville High School Reviews
Statesville High School branches out to different variations of matters. From academics to building relationships with the ones you will spend the 4 years of your life with. There have been multiple teachers in and out through the course of my four years, but the ones who have stayed became some of my favorite people that I still stay in contact with today.
Before my first year at Statesville High, I was afraid because of the bad reputation that the school had. I soon came to realize that the school wasn't as bad as many made it out to seem. We have different events for academically ahead students that bring us all together and let us have fun away from the grueling school work. All throughout the past four years, I think that my favorite thing about the school is the sports games. Our student section always has a different theme each Friday night, giving the students a way to bond and support each other.
The teachers are good at what they do for the students. They do their best to make the classroom environment entertaining and worthwhile. In fact, there were two English teachers that truly helped me write better papers throughout my high school years. They're not there anymore, but I hope they know that their efforts were not in vain. Thank you Mrs. McConnell and Miss. Stone!