Staten Island Technical High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+342 Students
- A+254 Students
- A-232 Students
- A-211 Students
- A+185 Students
- A+176 Students
- A+132 Students
- A+126 Students
- B107 Students
- A+101 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.59 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.59 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 178 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.65 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.65 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.65 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.83 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.83 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.83 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.97 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.97 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.97 responses
Schools like Staten Island Technical High School
- A+Stuyvesant High School
- New York City Geographic District No. 2, NY
- 810 reviews
- A+The Beacon School
- New York City Geographic District No. 3, NY
- 396 reviews
- A+Brooklyn Technical High School
- New York City Geographic District No. 13, NY
- 1,540 reviews
- A+Millburn Senior High School
- Millburn Township Schools, NJ
- 142 reviews
Staten Island Technical High School Reviews
A very tight knit high school with high national standing, my high school is top ranked in academics, studies and college preparedness. We have a nationally recognized Robotics program. The school's small size is perfect and allows all student to focus and help each other. The school cafeteria conversations range from high school games to national science and possible solutions to space and science mysteries and issues. I love my high school and would recommend everyone to try to make it in!
Overall, my time spent Staten Island Technical High School was amazing . The students were all very focused on their school work and had a hunger for learning. Tech offered a variety of Advanced Placement, Honors, and STEM classes which really helped us get ahead of most students our age. The teachers made themselves available for extra help during their free periods and recommended extra resources for students who needed more assistance on a certain topic. In addition, we have a Career Development Center which offered countess opportunities to explore our field of interest, whether it be through direct communication with someone currently working in the field, or internship/volunteer opportunities.
The school offers rigorous courses and upholds high academic standards among its students, which creates a motivating and competitive atmosphere. The school also supports athletics and the performing arts, and students are presented with many opportunities aside from those relating to academics. However, the school does have incredibly high standards for its students, which sometimes leads to a great amount of stress. Schoolwork takes up a majority of the day, with several hours of homework a night. Additionally, the use of technology in the classrooms is pushed onto the students, with each student receiving a tablet to use during school hours and for homework. These tablets are often a distraction and lead to more harm than good, lowering the quality of instruction, since many teachers rely on uploading notes.