Staten Island Technical High School is a top rated, public school located in Staten Island, NY. It has 1,320 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 99% of students are at least proficient in math and 99% in reading.
Staten Island Technical High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+562 Students
- A+461 Students
- A-395 Students
- A+356 Students
- A-334 Students
- A+306 Students
- A+260 Students
- A+224 Students
- B205 Students
- A+183 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.80 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.80 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 231 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.86 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.86 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.86 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.104 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.104 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.104 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.118 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.118 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.118 responses
Schools like Staten Island Technical High School
- A+Stuyvesant High School
- New York City Geographic District No. 2, NY
- 1,011 reviews
- A+The Beacon School
- New York City Geographic District No. 3, NY
- 463 reviews
- A+Brooklyn Technical High School
- New York City Geographic District No. 13, NY
- 1,962 reviews
- A+Millburn Senior High School
- Millburn Township School District, NJ
- 188 reviews
Staten Island Technical High School Reviews
Staten Island Technical High School provides students with many opportunities through rigorous courses and clubs celebrating diversity. Students take Russian for three years (four, if they choose to). This gives students something rare to put on their resumés. However, there aren’t as many sports for females as there are for males. This gives males more chances to succeed athletically. On the other hand, the school is full of encouraging staff members. The school even has a therapy dog for students who need to relieve stress! We are also taught about substance addiction prevention. The teacher helps us open up about problems and questions we have. The school enforces a strict policy against academic dishonesty, and always reminds students to be honest about their work. For instance, the guidance counselor advises students who do not have enough time for an assignment to ask the teacher for an extension instead of cheating.
This school has excellent programs, determined teacher, amazing environment. Just because the name has "Technical" in it does not mean it is only for nerds. There are many art programs, from Sing! theaters, to art clubs - if you would take a walk inside our school you can see the walls filled with meaningful art pieces created by our very own students. When I got into the school I was scared, but the people are so nice and helpful it made me feel comfortable. I work with students who are also motivated to do well in life so that helps us push each other. The sports programs are also really good, we have won multiple trophies, and are on a winning streak for football!
The most common misconception is that Staten Island Tech is only for those interested in STEM. In reality, while there are plenty of opportunities for aspiring engineers, architects, etc, Staten Island Tech is in reality, a choose-your-own-adventure type education. Whereas many other schools may require you to take certain courses or choose a specific course of study, Staten Island Tech only requires you to finish your regents requirements. Then, you're free to pick from the various opportunities offered--from electronics to business Russian to drama and band. Overall, the students here are willing to work hard and it fosters a community that while is sometimes competitive, inherently pushes us to do our best, preparing students for college in unmatched ways.