State College Area High School is an elite, public school located in State College, PA. It has 2,301 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 84% of students are at least proficient in math and 84% in reading.
State College Area High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+551 Students
- A+124 Students
- A76 Students
- A+57 Students
- A+53 Students
- A+51 Students
- A+49 Students
- C+45 Students
- B-40 Students
- A+40 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.39 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.39 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 159 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.49 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.73 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.73 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.73 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.78 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.78 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.78 responses
State College Area High School Reviews
The school has more curricular options than any small college. The integrated Career and Technical Center programs in the school are unlike any school in the state. For example, the faculty includes an electrical engineer, a physical therapist, two registered nurses, an agricultural professional, etc. The business program includes an actual investment fund that students manage with oversight by local business professionals(over 60K). The visual and performing arts programs include opportunities for the most advanced or beginners; the marching band has incredible support. Moreover, the environment includes students who celebrate and thank their teachers on a regular basis. I could go on about extracurricular options, including 85 clubs.
I like pretty everything about State College Area High School. State High has very strong academics. The school is a very diverse place and is open to students from different places. The teachers, administrators, and facilities are all very nice. There are a lot of clubs and activities students can participate. Great sports teams. Let's Go State High!
I am an 2015 alum. I took many of the health science CTC courses available during my four years of high school. I highly recommend students entering into State High to take advantage of any of the CTC course that interest them. I was able to graduate as a nursing assistant and get ahead in the experiences of that. Not many high schools are able to provide the amount of technical classes like State High, so I boast highly of that quality.