Starpoint High School is a highly rated, public school located in Lockport, NY. It has 793 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Starpoint High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-126 Students
- B79 Students
- A-51 Students
- C+48 Students
- C+43 Students
- B32 Students
- A-31 Students
- B-30 Students
- B30 Students
- B-29 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.17 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.20 responses
Schools like Starpoint High School
- B+Newfane Senior High School
- Newfane Central School District, NY
- 117 reviews
- ALewiston Porter Senior High School
- Lewiston-Porter Central School District, NY
- 63 reviews
- ALancaster High School
- Lancaster Central School District, NY
- 275 reviews
- A-Grand Island Senior High School
- Grand Island Central School District, NY
- 36 reviews
Starpoint High School Reviews
Starpoint High School is one of the best schools in the county and we are ranked 13th in Buffalo. There are countless extracurricular activities, sports teams, and clubs for students to participate in. Some clubs I have been a part of include, National Honor Society, Math Honor Society, Science Honor Society, Donate Life, and Lock-in Committee. The teachers and faculty are kind and very helpful; they go out of their way to provide extra support for students. The students are smart, hardworking, and well behaved. The building is well taken care of and clean. We have a brand new turf field under the lights for sports teams to play on. We have one of the best musical programs in the area, as our production of Mary Poppins won the 2018 Kenny Awards at Shea's. My overall experience with Starpoint High School has been amazing and I'm sad to leave it behind.
The teachers here are really nice and willing to help you achieve what you need to get your degree. I personally had to drop from a traditional diploma and I'm finishing the last exam for my TASC (originally GED) diploma and I'm heading off to college a year early thanks to the support of the teachers and staff members up in our Student Services. My only issues with this school is that certain kids are being discriminated against by not only students but the administration as well, very unfairly. I have personally been discriminated against for associating with one of these students, who is really good, hard working, artistic guy. I also feel like there is not a lot of mental health support in this school. This school is better than most of the schools around my area, and while that's rather sad with the under-the-radar bullying going on in both the student body and administration, but the academic level here is very high-bar.
Overall, Starpoint has helped in so many ways to grow as a person. I found my niche doing musicals, Starpoint has an awesome program there, and a very supportive student body. Along with that, I still stay in contact with few of my close teachers which really goes to show that the staff there have really put forth that extra step to make students feel understood and like they have a personable relationship with them. Bullying is practically non-existent, the library is fantastic, and the arts and sciences are pretty advanced for a smaller school. I would not be who I am without the support of Starpoint High School